[0.11.13] Max zoom, hover roboport "glitch?"

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.11.13] Max zoom, hover roboport "glitch?"

Post by rorror »

When on Max zoomed state. when i hovering over a roboport this happens, does this has to do with skipping of frames to be parsed?
Also i was able to save this into a save game. Also reloading the save reproduces the issue.
The attachement shows the full screen without building / bots etc, only shadows and items on the ground / belt + logicts chest. (but not the storage chest, there not showen)
moving over roboport.jpg
moving over roboport.jpg (824.15 KiB) Viewed 11473 times
Facts
- Happens only on full zoom.
- Happens only in starting area, where most of my base is located, and most activaty (and there i have the most amount of roboports) (2k in the map now)
- In the printscreen i have a lot of robo's flying about 30k of them. Was still be able to reproduce this issue wihtout any robots active (This test i did on 26)

No facts..?
- Happend also in 0.11.11 and 0.11.12 in some rare occasions. But after upgrade to 0.11.13 it is constant
- When walking away from my base, (something like i stand in other chunks.. ) and then hover over a roboport, then it is possible that half my screen "glitches" and the other half stays working. <--- will try to make a printscreen of this too.

Need my save? I will pm the file if needed.

edit -- made a video

http://youtu.be/PRHq_FP5p5I
Last edited by rorror on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.13] Max zoom, hover roboport "glitch?"

Post by sillyfly »

Could you explain what the glitch is exactly?
I can only assume that there where buildings there, and they are not displayed...?

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Will try to make a video hang on.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

What are your system specs? Obviously, you are running Win8, but what else? I've never seen this bug before (even in the earlier versions) and therefor I think this might be a problem with your system.

Maybe some driver issues?
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

got a video online now.
the mouse cursor is bugged in the recoding software somehow. because i hover over the roboport but the recording software shows me point to something else.
Here is the video. (first time a made a video, so my appologies for the recoding issues)

http://youtu.be/PRHq_FP5p5I

Brand new computer, all other games runs flawles.
intelcore i7
8gb ram
ssd
geforce 760

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Could you provide the savegame file?

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

i have send you the file.

Got some new info that i figured out.

when 512k sprites or higher, it occours.
mouse not over roboport = about 20k spritess
mouse over roboport it goes over 600k sprites

i tested this at the border of my base, and noticed the limit of 512k sprites.

have no idea what that means.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I tried that and I could get over 600k sprites on my computer, so it is probably some limitation of graphics card or drivers or something.

But the main problem is ofcourse, that the game tries to draw so huge amount of sprites.

The reason of this is ofcourse the heavy visualisation of roboport connections. I also noticed, that it takes some time to remove/build roboport in the system. All these problems are feature additions or optimisations, that I will love to do, but these will have to wait for the next version.

I made an issue in our internal tracker, so I don't forget.

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

kovarex wrote:I tried that and I could get over 600k sprites on my computer, so it is probably some limitation of graphics card or drivers or something.

But the main problem is ofcourse, that the game tries to draw so huge amount of sprites.

The reason of this is ofcourse the heavy visualisation of roboport connections. I also noticed, that it takes some time to remove/build roboport in the system. All these problems are feature additions or optimisations, that I will love to do, but these will have to wait for the next version.

I made an issue in our internal tracker, so I don't forget.
Yes Tnx.

If i understand i right. Every Yellow - (stripe) that makes a line, is a sprite?

When building a roboport evrything is OK.
When i remove a roboport, the full roboport netwerk reinitilize (like if you just builded your first roboport, or removed your last roboport)
Did you notice, when you remove a roboport, that all robots go do other things? and if your remove a other one, they reset again, and do something else again.

For this map, i won't zoom out that mutch anymore, Anyway, almust done with this map, for what i wanted to archief in here.
Then its time, for a new map!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

rorror wrote: Did you notice, when you remove a roboport, that all robots go do other things? and if your remove a other one, they reset again, and do something else again.

For this map, i won't zoom out that mutch anymore, Anyway, almust done with this map, for what i wanted to archief in here.
Yes, I noticed that just when I was looking at the code, this is part of the problem.

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

kovarex wrote:
rorror wrote: Did you notice, when you remove a roboport, that all robots go do other things? and if your remove a other one, they reset again, and do something else again.

Yes, I noticed that just when I was looking at the code, this is part of the problem.

Great! Took me a few weeks to expain in a good way. :)
I program for my work too, and find myself always short in time, to make everything the way i want :)

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rorror »

Well after a scheduled maintance reboot last night, the issue is gone.
Now the thing is no yellow lines are drawn in max view.
But can live with it :)

Return to “1 / 0 magic”