[0.10.4] Segmentation Fault

Things that has been reported already before.
micomico
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.10.4] Segmentation Fault

Post by micomico »

Hello everyone.

I updated to 0.10.4 today and the game has been crashing left and right ever since.

From what I've noticed and reproduced on my save, the game crashes when logistics robots are fulfilling your character orders and you leave the logistics network area (the orange bit). It might be related to something else completely different though.

The sound fix worked wonders. This is on linux x64 by the way and the game was working fine in 0.10.3.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.10.4] Segmentation Fault

Post by FishSandwich »

Can confirm the game crashes when a logistic robot tries to bring you something and you leave the orange area of the logistic network.

Win7 x64

AtomicStryker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AtomicStryker »

Same, win7 x64. Sometimes it does not crash but get stuck (eating infinite memory too, it had over 13 GB)

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Turtle »

Crashes when removing Roboports as well. I'll post more info when I find out more. I was able to remove it once out of five tries trying different things... like remove power poles first, etc.

Zequez
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zequez »

Same thing Windows x64. Gotta downgrade what a pity =/. Well the upgrade was all bugfixes, so it's not like we are going to miss new features :P

Edit: BTW is there somewhere where we can download the patch files so we don't have to re-download the full game to downgrade? I have the installer for 10.2, but now I have to download 10.3 completely, because it won't let me update to just 10.3. And it's downloading at 50kbps! I can't take it anymore! 15 minutes man! Who has that much time to wait for a download to finish!? What I'm supposed to do in the meantime? SOMETHING ELSE? HOW DARE YOU!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Turtle wrote:Crashes when removing Roboports as well. I'll post more info when I find out more. I was able to remove it once out of five tries trying different things... like remove power poles first, etc.
It looks like it crashes if you remove a roboport while robots within that robo network are in flight. Probably related to the character logistics crash issue (destination became nil but isn't checked for or something close to that).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Turtle »

Rseding91 wrote:
Turtle wrote:Crashes when removing Roboports as well. I'll post more info when I find out more. I was able to remove it once out of five tries trying different things... like remove power poles first, etc.
It looks like it crashes if you remove a roboport while robots within that robo network are in flight. Probably related to the character logistics crash issue (destination became nil but isn't checked for or something close to that).
I just tested that and it still crashes. Here's the list of stuff I've tested thus far:
Crashes when -
- Roboport loses power, including buffered power
- Leaving LogNet
- Cleared all character logistics requests + made sure no robots were flying in area and removed Roboport

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Zequez wrote:Same thing Windows x64. Gotta downgrade what a pity =/. Well the upgrade was all bugfixes, so it's not like we are going to miss new features :P

Edit: BTW is there somewhere where we can download the patch files so we don't have to re-download the full game to downgrade? I have the installer for 10.2, but now I have to download 10.3 completely, because it won't let me update to just 10.3. And it's downloading at 50kbps! I can't take it anymore! 15 minutes man! Who has that much time to wait for a download to finish!? What I'm supposed to do in the meantime? SOMETHING ELSE? HOW DARE YOU!
Factorio takes for me les than 1 minute to download.

sinsiliux
Inserter
Inserter

Post by sinsiliux »

Seems I'm having the same problem. I've got a save file that reproduces the problem 100%, since I was riding the train when it autosaved and it crashed 10 seconds later. Since I can't attach file that big I've uploaded it to third party website here: http://www.filedropper.com/autosave1

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

micomico
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by micomico »

The mysterious case of the original duplicate bug 8-) . As long as it is fixed, I don't care if it is marked as duplicate.

Keep up the brilliant work Devs. This game is just awesome.

Return to “Duplicates”