[0.10.3] logistics bots filling inventory

Bugs that are actually features.
Sir-Tootsloat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.10.3] logistics bots filling inventory

Post by Sir-Tootsloat »

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature intended to punish stupid or slow players but if I start a request and put too many items in the request box/slider the bots fill me up with whatever they managed to grab even if I put a more sensible amount in before they get to me.

I noticed this when I requested some solid fuel and deleted the amount in the new request box which made it the maximum 20k the bots then swarmed in on me and delivered some 150 more items than I had requested.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.10.3] logistics bots filling inventory

Post by ssilk »

Ah, yes, this happens to me often, too. I think this is not a direct bug, but very unuseful behavior. So I let it here.

A better way would be, that the robots check when they reach at an exact requester (which the player is in that moment) again if the limit is meanwhile reached.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

This is actually a feature, but it's debateable. It's on the 0.10.3 changelog at https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=3&t=4788. I just don't know if this will be a problem when those swarms of 3000 robots to fill a single slot of a Requester Chest with the same item. I have this problem on my end.
Changes:

Changed the logistic robot supply strategy.
For player, robots take just enough items to fulfill exactly the requested amount, so he doesn't get more than he asked for.
For requester chests, robots take always as much as they can carry and leave it in the chest, so it can get more than requested.
Consistent stack sizes for guns.
Lights rendering quality can be set in the graphics settings.
Configuration option max-texture-size in config file section [graphics]
Edit: Oh now I saw that you posted on the player and not on chests.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

The problem is, that what would happen if those robots are already on the way, and the player doesn't use storage chests?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Marked as not a bug.

If you change the value back to the smaller fast enough (before the robots reach the request chest), it will not fill your inventory, if not, you will just get a lot of stuff.

Return to “Not a bug”