[0.9.8] Visual: disappearing power lines when zoomed out

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
sleepylemur
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.9.8] Visual: disappearing power lines when zoomed out

Post by sleepylemur »

strictly vertical powerlines between big power poles are disappearing when you are near max powerline range and directly below the existing pole. disappears both during building process and afterwards.
not sure offhand how to enclose a save file. if you would like an example, i saved where you can move up or down one square and the powerline will go on or off.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.9.8] disappearing power lines

Post by MF- »

"disappearing" as in "invisible", right?

But just to be sure, can you provide a screenshot?

To me, vertical wires were always mostly invisible unless I was at one of the really close zoom levels.

VengefulPM
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by VengefulPM »

I have encountered the same issue, I have had many power stations have the cables not connect after replacing them, then if i delete them again, they will re connect to the network, I have had a few that have disconnected completely from my power supply so I then have a section cut off with power and then my defenses die and biters kill me :(

This is a case of the cable issue, it's in the right place (I use a grid and it fits perfect)

and if I delete and replace it, you get this

Which has the exact same space, but has the cables, this happens quite often and it is an easy fix for me (delete replace) but it's a pain on a big scale when I don't notice and my base gets attacked

Just thought I'd add a bit of a picture to the problem

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

I get this too, and i believe it cuts power also, i can not confirm that though. I had an instance where my power grid showed 200 solar panels, later i noticed i had 260. I noticed this after i had placed the big electric poles around all of my base.
So i am not sure if i had a power line issue (which i did not remove anything, just added some)

but i get this all the time and i just remove + replace
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

I can't see how the power lines could "disappear". Yes they can be "invisible" under certain zooms (pixel errors) and that is something we are aware of.

See also: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 352#p34352

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”