[0.12.16] Can't Load Save (File corrupted)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Lancemark
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12.16] Can't Load Save (File corrupted)

Post by Lancemark »

On 0.12.16 version of game ma save file is not loading. It gives error Save File Corrupted.
I'm Using FARL 0.4.3 mod only.
This save is loading normally in 0.12.15.
Error Message Quote: " Deserialization error, LuaObject targets to wrong object. Save file probably corrupted."

Link for save in dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/42cag19hw5ujk ... k.zip?dl=0

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.16] Can't Load Save (File corrupted)

Post by Choumiko »

Oh, not again.. :|
Can you try a new save in 0.12.16 with Farl and see if it loads? You can use /c remote.call("farl", "quickstart") in the console to give you some items .
I'll take a look as soon as I get home from work (6 hours or so )
If you're feeling brave, try https://github.com/Choumiko/FARL/archive/master.zip (rename the zip and folder ). That's the version I played with yesterday, but I'm not sure if it was 0.12.15 or 0.12.16

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Did you save this in 0.12.13 or 0.12.14 at any point? Mod data saving was botched in those versions, so I that is probably how the save got corrupted.
It should load fine if you disable FARL, then resave and enable FARL again.
Let us know if this happens again after saving in 0.12.6

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

posila wrote:Did you save this in 0.12.13 or 0.12.14 at any point? Mod data saving was botched in those versions, so I that is probably how the save got corrupted.
It should load fine if you disable FARL, then resave and enable FARL again.
Let us know if this happens again after saving in 0.12.6
He said it loads fine in 0.12.15, it does so for me too, only strange thing i noticed is that the 1 farl he has was saved ~ 6 times in global.
My own save (which was never saved in 12.13/14) loads fine in 0.12.16, but with a newer version of FARL, so not exactly sure.

However, good news is that disabling FARL, loading and saving the save, reenabling FARL and loading solves the issue. If you don't restart Factorio in between you don't even loose the locomotive.

I'll release a new version shortly, 0.4.3 is a bit unfinished regarding the on_load/on_init changes from 0.12.11.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

It is loading fine in 0.12.15, because I added check that all references to native objects are pointer to correct type (due to this crash report: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 11&t=17369). And the check in this particular save fails when trying to deserialize table that references Train but gets Player instead. This would crash the game if such table was later used in almost any way. So in 0.12.15 it loads with corrupted tables, but they probably are not used and game doesn't crahs.
Still, my guess is that those corrupted tables got created in 0.12.13 or 0.12.14, by bug in serialization/deserialization of mod data.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

posila wrote:Still, my guess is that those corrupted tables got created in 0.12.13 or 0.12.14, by bug in serialization/deserialization of mod data.
Yeah, seems very likely.
I have another one of these reports: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 38#p115513
The user fixed it by himself:
HellNeko wrote:Edit: after some time i tried loading the save again with FARL turned off it load then i went and turn it back on and went straight to loading the save without restarting the game and the save loaded with FARL working so i dont know if it was just a temp bug right after updating to 12.16 or not i'll keep this post here just in case.
And for completeness, here as a step by step list:
Choumiko wrote:If you want to update a save from Factorio 0.12.13 or 0.12.14: (probably related bug report: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=17482)
1. Update Factorio to at least 0.12.15
2. Load Factorio with the latest version of FARL
3. Disable FARL, load your save. The FARL's should still be there, just not functional (no gui when entering)
4. Save
5. Reenable FARL
6. Load and play as usual
I don't know when deserialization happens, but i guess before on_configuration_changed get's fired, so i think there's nothing on my side i can do.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

I'm getting a similar error.
I did remove FARL and still got the error.

Error: Image
Attachments
1.zip
Save
(11.5 MiB) Downloaded 185 times
factorio-current.log
LOG
(6.25 KiB) Downloaded 328 times

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

I am seeing the same error. Is there a way for Factorio to give more information about what data is corrupted (which mods?)

Disabling all mods will suck, losing the custom content.

Lancemark
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lancemark »

Loading save file with mod disabled worked.
And still works after reenabling and creating missed FARL train. (I've got only one anyway so no big deal of loosing it)
I'm wondering now why I don't thought about doing that in the first place.

If You Guys wondering about saving this file in 0.12.13 an 1.12.14, I can say that I play this map from beggining of 0.12 from times to times, and I always use autoupdate. So it is very posible that this was used in both this versions of game.

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Choumiko wrote:Oh, not again.. :|
I dont think its the FARL issue. I don't have FARL and i still get this error when i load 0.12.15 save game. Strangely enough 0.12.13 save with same mods works fine.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

oLaudix wrote:
Choumiko wrote:Oh, not again.. :|
I dont think its the FARL issue. I don't have FARL and i still get this error when i load 0.12.15 save game. Strangely enough 0.12.13 save with same mods works fine.
Agreed. I don't have FARL, and have never used FARL. I see the issue as well. I guess I am stuck on 0.12.15 for now.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”