Multiple end game scenarios. (Development idea)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Dark_Lightning
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Multiple end game scenarios. (Development idea)

Post by Dark_Lightning »

Hello everyone.(Edit: I realize I should have put this in ideas and suggestions, sorry.)
I am hoping to change the ONE thing that I don't like about where this game is going.

I wish for the game will continue to be the same up until the ending. This would mean that only the very start and very end have any story line. (The exact same as now) The free sandbox type game play is what makes this game so much fun.(At least for me) This preserves the pure free-play style of the game. But what could be even more free than that? Well I'm glad you asked! :idea:

So my suggestion is that the game only ADD the space aspect to the game but KEEP the current rocket defense model. But this will create game play problems as rocket defense will be much easier to finish.(In my mind the space model seems harder and more expensive) Therefore have the rocket defense recipe made more complex. Another idea that I quite like to see enter the game is some sort of diplomatic path. Maybe, communicate with the biters and teach them, then use them to take over earth. Or just take over their world with your overpowering tech and leadership. (Become king of the biters) Tell me what you think and give more suggestions on a third path. Research should also have a tech tree eventually ending in the three final techs.

So 3 paths:
War, rocket defense (current model)
Diplomacy (somewhat explained in last paragragh)
Space (https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-69)

The more freedom during the game, the more fun it will be for a wider range of people.

I hope you consider this idea for the game and implement it as best you can. (p.s. Great game, thanks for creating it!)

Thanks for your time! :D

Dark :)
Dark

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Multiple end game scenarios. (Development idea)

Post by ssilk »

Moved from General, remaining a link.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”