Visual Laser Range Interface

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

AndrewGeil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Visual Laser Range Interface

Post by AndrewGeil »

I would like to see a simple visual representation of range for laser turrets. The game currently has visual display for range of things like electrical poles and transistors. I would like to see the same concept applied to laser turrets and gun turrets. I think this would be helpful when placing your defenses so you can see overlapping fields of fire. Also remember, new players don't automatically know these things, they need a more informative interface.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Visual Laser Range Interface

Post by n9103 »

Eh, older players don't know it either, they just have better guesses ;)
But this topic has come up many many times. do a simple search or two next time, and make a supporting post, rather than a new topic about the same thing.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

AndrewGeil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AndrewGeil »

I did do a couple of searches with "laser" "turret" and then refined "range" from there and this topic didn't come up when I looked originally. Not sure what the missing search word was needed to find the others.

provet
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Range indicator for turrets

Post by provet »

Joined -- ssilk

Like the green circle when you pick and hold a usable item like a grenade or drone, but this time the circle is around the turret you are about to place or mouse over indicating the shooting range.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

This thread has a parallel thread, which is in my eyes a bit more advanced: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=5926
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”