Crafting Queue: Craft to Top of Queue; send to Front, Recalculate

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Crafting Queue: Craft to Top of Queue; send to Front, Recalculate

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Suggest a hotkey that lets you send a queued crafting action to the front of the queue. If anything is a prequeuesit, send that to the front of the queue as well.

Suggest a hotkey that recalulates your queue, removing any component crafting that you already have in the inventory.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Fabrication Queue; Send to Front, Recalculate

Post by ssilk »

Nice one.

A list of other threads about the crafting queue:

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... eue#p44112
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Blitz4
Inserter
Inserter

Suggestion: Craft Item to top of queue

Post by Blitz4 »

Joined -- ßilk

Too often I see myself or other streamers/youtubers have to clear out their entire crafting queue to build something they need now. Maybe it's how the game should be played (this forces you to automate everything), but even early in a game, when you don't have red science automated, you queue up 10 and all of a sudden something else more important comes up to craft. (Imagine an attack, where you need bullets asap, you have to clear out the whole queue).

Either use ALT or CTRL as a modifier to craft 1 or 5 items, but moves them to the top of crafting queue. devs would have a better idea which modifier to use.

ofca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Suggestion: Craft Item to top of queue

Post by ofca »

I suggested solving this before. I'll be blunt this time: this doesn't force any automation. This is an oversight and should be fixed, or be laughed at by expectant gamers for final release. To an advanced player it's merely an annoyance, and if developers' idea of making a good game is annoying their player base, more power to them :) - if forcing automation is the reason, then here's an idea: disable in-hand crafting :P

btw. through my play through I remember being REALLY annoyed by this only while building power armor mk2 (which actually made me write the suggestion); in other cases I merely re-queued manually, which resulted in needless clicking that has been accompanied by swear words in some cases while having near-full inventory ;)
Last edited by ofca on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Suggestion: Craft Item to top of queue

Post by Gandalf »

OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I joined it with this thread, cause the mentioned where two suggestions and this one hits exactly. See also the linked list article above!
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Blitz4
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Blitz4 »

ssilk wrote:I joined it with this thread, cause the mentioned where two suggestions and this one hits exactly. See also the linked list article above!
The linked thread is an amazing idea, I had a similar one, but didn't want to suggest something that would take more than a day to implement on my first post :) Thanks ssilk

westoncraft
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Crafting Queue: Craft to Top of Queue; send to Front, Recalculate

Post by westoncraft »

I recently released a mod that accomplishes this: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/QueueToFront
I was also hoping for it to be added to the vanilla game but once I realized it wasn't going to happen I just went ahead and made the mod.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”