Disable alert for damaged wall

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Holy-Fire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Disable alert for damaged wall

Post by Holy-Fire »

Currently, whenever any building is damaged, including a wall, a red alert sounds.

This is so obviously wrong that I can't believe this hasn't been changed yet, and I was tempted to classify it as a bug report. Walls are supposed to be damaged, I want to be alerted when actually something bad is happening that requires action. This is annoying, distracting and wastes time checking what the alert is.

Damaged walls should be demoted to a yellow notification.

It could be nice to make it so that if a wall with less than half health is damaged, then an alert sounds. This is useful because if a wall goes as low as half health, it means something is wrong with your repair process. If it's difficult to do we could do without it, we'll just solve it when the wall is destroyed.

Also mentioned in https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=1387 almost a year ago.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Disable alert for damaged wall

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

hmm, while i do agree that later game when you get flooded with 300 notifications from 15 different attacks at the same time does get annoying, early game i want that information the way it is now.

A setting in the options would work just fine for something like this though. Because when it comes down to it, its more or less something that should be up to the player.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Phoenixian »

OBAMA MCLAMA wrote:hmm, while i do agree that later game when you get flooded with 300 notifications from 15 different attacks at the same time does get annoying, early game i want that information the way it is now.

A setting in the options would work just fine for something like this though. Because when it comes down to it, its more or less something that should be up to the player.
Alternatively, you could have wall damage linked to a yellow alert icon with a silhouette of a wall ontop of it as opposed to the normal exclaimation mark.
The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

Holy-Fire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Holy-Fire »

OBAMA MCLAMA wrote:hmm, while i do agree that later game when you get flooded with 300 notifications from 15 different attacks at the same time does get annoying, early game i want that information the way it is now.

I don't find this information useful in the early game either (and if it's yellow notification you still get it). Having options to configure alerts sound nice, but is probably more development work.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”