More About Blueprints and a Backpack

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

More About Blueprints and a Backpack

Post by MalContentFL »

Whenever I'm squeezing in another solar field, there is always one solar panel that can't be build, then in turn I can't build it at all. I think that if it can't be placed, then the blueprint constructs without that piece. If you want to build over something, it should give you this option: When you place a blueprint over another existing structure, a dialogue box pops up and says "You are trying to place over an existing structure." Three buttons are on the bottom of the box: Replace, Build, Cancel.
Replace makes robots remove the placed-over structures. Build builds normally and doesn't replace anything. Cancel closes the dialogue box.

Since I unlocked construction robots, I have loved the ability to build and destroy things, but carrying around all of my blueprints is difficult and I don't want to lose them in my logistics system.
So, a Blueprint Backpack can be crafted, and when it is in your inventory, under the Logistics Slots in the Player GUI, there are 45 slots (5 across * 9 down). Each one can hold empty blueprints, full blueprints, or a destruction planner.
To use a blueprint, take it out of the backpack and use it as you please, them just place it back in. No more inventory jam and more building!
Last edited by MalContentFL on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Blueprint Backpack

Post by hoho »

Awesome idea, I fully support it.

The size of the backpack could be tied to character logistics slots too :)

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

maybe a 2nd inventory tab and/or a 3rd toolbar for blueprints only
or a pda item to use -> choose saved blueprint / deconstrucktion planer / new blueprint, order delete etc
Mining Drill Operator

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Shaymes wrote:or a pda item to use -> choose saved blueprint / deconstrucktion planer / new blueprint, order delete etc
What would be even more awesome is if those blueprints were stored in a (human-readable) file that could be shared between games :)

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

sure and the easierst way to share is steam workshop :)
Mining Drill Operator

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MalContentFL »

hoho wrote:What would be even more awesome is if those blueprints were stored in a (human-readable) file that could be shared between games :)
I submitted an idea for schematic files, but that didn't get very much publicity for how I worded it, but I didn't think of using and turning blueprints into files. Good idea. :idea:

Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Artman40 »

Maybe a research for blueprint backpack.

Loscil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Loscil »

hoho wrote:
Shaymes wrote:or a pda item to use -> choose saved blueprint / deconstrucktion planer / new blueprint, order delete etc
What would be even more awesome is if those blueprints were stored in a (human-readable) file that could be shared between games :)
This.
So much this.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

You all might read this:

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=5&t=1575

That is from last October, it makes me happy, how much of that is meanwhile working and used.

That thread points also to some other depending topics/articles, which are useful to read!
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”