Idea Discussion: Advanced Mode (Not sure what to call this.)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Idea Discussion: Advanced Mode (Not sure what to call this.)

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

I'm wary of posting this thought now, but with how well the other discussion went, I figured talking about its viability would be productive.

The main thought here is that Factorio as it is now is rather simple once you get down to it. Any veteran Factorio player can set up advanced production chains in minutes with the right materials.

What if we were to have a setting for various game types that would switch between Basic (Current Factorio) and Advanced (Hypothetical Factorio)? I should shut up and get to the difference shouldn't I?

Currently I've only thought up recipes for Assemblers, Furnaces, Repair Packs, and Conveyors (Transport Belts).
T1 - T2 Assmblers Iron and Copper
T3 - T4 Assmblers Steel and Copper
T5 - T6 Assmblers Tungsten and Gold
Furnaces
-----As you can see, some of this gets rather complex. For example, with the assemblers, you'll have to craft at least one of each of T1, T2, & T4 by hand before you can automate the process. As for the furnaces, they get gradually more powerful, but also more expensive, and the non-electric ones get picky about what kind of fuel you use in them.
-----Another increase in difficulty is the fact that higher tier items would have to be built out of higher tier materials.
Repair Packs
Conveyors

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”