Auto-move the avatar when trying to build out of range.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Prezombie
Inserter
Inserter

Auto-move the avatar when trying to build out of range.

Post by Prezombie »

It's a simple enough suggestion, it could even be a togglable option.

If you click on a valid build spot, but you're out of range, instead of simply buzzing an error, the avatar should path to the nearest spot in range of the desired build spot. it would be much more convienient than clicking, hearing the buzz, checking to see if it was a valid placement or not, moving closer, re-aiming to the same tile (since the absolute screen position of the desired space moved), and then clicking again.

This usually happens for me when I'm using a lot of zooming in and out, since it's not exactly the easiest thing to gauge the build range (which I must say is very generous for a building game, big thanks there!) when the scale of the tiles changes from moment to moment as I switch between looking at the big picture and zooming in to improve accuracy.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Auto-move the avatar when trying to build out of range.

Post by Koub »

I admit that I have the exact same problem, I tend to focus on my mouse cursor, forgetting my char is not at the same position, and then buzzz >.<.
I'd love if an auto-goto place option was added.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by therapist »

Koub wrote:I admit that I have the exact same problem, I tend to focus on my mouse cursor, forgetting my char is not at the same position, and then buzzz >.<.
I'd love if an auto-goto place option was added.
I think this option will hopefully become unnecessary when the RTS options are implemented. I imagine when the RTS Command Center and worker robots are implemented, they will automatically move to wherever the build orders are issued.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

You're probably right. However, I think that when these RTS command center and robots will have been added, if they are not available before a very long research path, they'll arrive "too late" to improve that very specific part of the game.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

I dont think is a bad idea, I think its pretty cool but I think it should be togleable if it ever gets added.

goku90504
Inserter
Inserter

Post by goku90504 »

I support this idea

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”