Player logistic slot improvements

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Shalashalska
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Player logistic slot improvements

Post by Shalashalska »

1. Active provider logistic slots: I keep placing down random active provider chests just to dump extra stuff from my inventory into logistics storage. It would be very convenient to have player slots that do this without the need for random chests all over the base.

2. Single-time request slots: Sometimes you just need a few more of some ingredient for a recipe, but that ingredient is very rarely used (f.e. alien artifacts) and you only want, say 5 of them. With the current system, you would have to request 5 and as soon as you used those, you would get 5 more, which you would then need to put in an active provider chest to return to storage.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Player logistic slot improvements

Post by ssilk »

Nice. I want to add, that this single time request slot may be programmable by a blueprint, or crafting queue.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Khyron
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Khyron »

I would be happy with just one more tech level for player logistics slots. And another row for the toolbelt.

Switching between building fluid networks, rail networks, factory & belts as well as a set of combat related things I just don't quite have enough room. Compared with everything else in Factorio being so awesomely short-cut friendly, the player logistics slot and toolbelt feels like a bottleneck at the moment.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Shalashalska wrote:1. Active provider logistic slots: I keep placing down random active provider chests just to dump extra stuff from my inventory into logistics storage. It would be very convenient to have player slots that do this without the need for random chests all over the base.

2. Single-time request slots: Sometimes you just need a few more of some ingredient for a recipe, but that ingredient is very rarely used (f.e. alien artifacts) and you only want, say 5 of them. With the current system, you would have to request 5 and as soon as you used those, you would get 5 more, which you would then need to put in an active provider chest to return to storage.
I second both ideas - I'd find them very useful !
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _aD »

Seconding both suggestions. Succinctly made and would help reduce two small, but persistent, annoyances in the game.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”