More options for requester_paste_multiplier

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

anarchyinc
Inserter
Inserter

More options for requester_paste_multiplier

Post by anarchyinc »

My suggestion is to add more in game options to change the default shift requester_paste_multiplier for assembly->chest to support more flexible play styles.
  • Current
  • x4 = default
  • x1 = select-able in options
  • whole stack = If each is selected manually and x1 option is off
  • modded value = I use x20 someone else might use x5 or x50, whoever loads last wins
    Proposed
  • whole stacks by shift paste = available in options (wasteful "I don't care, just get it done and never stop" mode)
  • Default and x1 = just as they are now but only effects player's request slots (rewording would be needed)
  • player configurable multiplier bar = off would be default or modded value
request.png
request.png (259.62 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
So far, If we wanted to change the default request amount we need this bit of code in a mod..

Code: Select all

for _, r in pairs(data.raw["recipe"]) do
    r.requester_paste_multiplier = 20
  end
But if we want this value more or less, either we need to set manually or edit the data raw and restart the game.
The concept:
Lets say you start a new game, unlock logistic bots and build a hundred or so. You want the requests to be low enough that your new bots aren't over worked. Fast forward to 5 thousand bots with maxed inserter stack bonuses, and maxed speed assembly machines covered in beacons. You are going to need more though put than belts are going to support and a high enough amount of items to keep the assembly machines running before the bots restock. The ability to change the default multiplier in game would make scaling up much more streamlined.
"Friends don't let friends drink & drive", "Gamers don't let gamers install steam"

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: More options for requester_paste_multiplier

Post by aubergine18 »

The undocumented overload_multiplier could be used instead? viewtopic.php?p=207544#p207544
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

aubergine18 wrote:The undocumented overload_multiplier could be used instead? viewtopic.php?p=207544#p207544
Overload multiplier will have no affect on the logistics requests

anarchyinc
Inserter
Inserter

Post by anarchyinc »

The overload_multiplier creates a larger buffer inside the assembly machine. If the machine is maxed out to around 20-70 crafting speed and you aren't getting a large enough supply from the requester chest, you'll never fill the larger buffer anyway. For instance, I can shift click in (modded) stacks of 500 items into a fully speed maxed assembly and it will burn though in just a few seconds. Another issue would be, if the recipe is complex with multiple items it will take longer to fill due to the inserter filling up with one item type at a time. One would need a separate chest/inserter for each item to keep up (which I already do) but you would still run into the issue of not high enough supply to make demand.

My idea is to simply make larger requests with copy/paste by default when needed, and default when not. All in all, it's just an ease of use addition.
"Friends don't let friends drink & drive", "Gamers don't let gamers install steam"

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”