Audio warning when enemies attack

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

tralala
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Audio warning when enemies attack

Post by tralala »

I know there is a big yellow or red sign on the screen when biters attack. However in the beginning I was so absorbed by the game that I didn't notice the sign several times until some structures where destroyed. For the "visually impaired" ;-) it would be nice if there was a warning beep when biters attack or maybe a "crunching" sound when they bite on buildings.
Last edited by tralala on Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Audio warning when enemies attack

Post by slay_mithos »

If you make this, please also make it a separate option in the menu.

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

yes - this game needs a horn sound when you get attacked, i prefer this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6XYeETXcMs
yes - there needs to be an option to turn it off (most likely after 10 seconds of playing ;) )

monkeystyxx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by monkeystyxx »

For what it's worth, I 3000% agree with this. The flashing icon at the bottom is really easy to not see when you're engrossed in the game! I lost a vital section of my base last night because I was miles away (both figuratively and literally) sorting out a new mining train and didn't see the icon.

One of those 'quality of life' features that would be awesome to have.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

The game lacks sounds in general, obviously this won't be a thing in the future.

As for this idea, I think it would be nice if the sound wasn't a global HUD thing, but would rather require you to build an actual siren in the world that would go off whenever your turrets engage with an enemy. Maybe this could also work with a reworked circuit network, so you'd have to connect the siren and the turrets with a special cable.

tralala
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tralala »

Currently the game does warn you of an ongoing attack, the warning is simply visual only. Adding an audio warning does not change the concept of the game (warning you of an attack not requiring any building).
If one decides that you have to build a structure in order to get a warning it should apply to both forms of warning (visual and audible).
I don't think it's a great deal but an audible warning would just help until you get used to look for the visual sign (which doesn't take long).

Florian
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Florian »

Maybe a warning system with 3 options: acoustic and flashing icon, only flashing icon, non (only with motion detector).

filippe999
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by filippe999 »

I agree with the idea of a asound warning when you get the attack, just the icon is kinda subtle, you can easily miss it. Perhaps a red warning or notification window that when you click to see the map on the position of the event it will take your minimap there

GammaLaser
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GammaLaser »

IMO I would like to see a change of the UI as well. For example, instead of the small icon at the bottom have a scrolling text overlay on the side that fades out after a few seconds, describing what structures being attacked. It saves the effort having to mouse-over the icon. This plus some audio cue, because I have the same problem as the OP, occasionally I will not notice these alerts and I will not know what got damaged/destroyed :(

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”