Factorio <> Industry Giant 2

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Factorio <> Industry Giant 2

Post by DRBLN »

I do really love Industry Giant 2. The game has a lot of common with factorio: you build factories, create transport and market products.
Factorio is gorgeous about production & transportation.
The problem is no one needs your products.

It would be really good if you could add cities / camps, where you could market your products.

luarvic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Factorio <> Industry Giant 2

Post by luarvic »

Robinson Crusoe didn't sell his goods, so are we

Wredi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wredi »

Hi,

i dont Think factorio would work in a IG2-context, but i think the Player needs a long term motivation, because killing aliens can get quite boring. What about a "Caesar"-Like concept? as we are building a new colony on a far away planet, last hope to humanity and all that jazz, we could be able to send some ressources back home, of course sending iron plates billions of kilometres away through soace is silly, you could ship some high quality goods. So the player had a use for his products, a goal to achive, a different mechanic for all pacifistic people, and another challenge (of course dismissing demands from mother earth results in certain counter action lasting in defeat).

trade with aliens would be another option, but thats discussed somewhere else.

Regards,
Wredi

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

THE DIRECTION OF THE GAME

Post by ssilk »

Here some of my bookmarks, depending the story and the future of this game.

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... it=Landing
I think this is very important...

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ation#p718
Simple question about food opened the direction wide!

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ion#p15760
Kovarex explained the phases of the game from his sight.

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ilit=Story
A newbie posting? Puts everything into right context!
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bleda »

What about an interplanetary tradepost? You can build it and then, in combination with space rockets, you can send goods to your home planet to get money for it. There could be challenge missions, like: deliver 10000 cars in less than an hour. So you need to adapt your factory to be able to produce them. Players could create challenges for each other and they could be published in an online high-score list.

Plop and run
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Plop and run »

Bleda wrote:There could be challenge missions, like: deliver 10000 cars in less than an hour
There is a mode for that, called Supply. You need to satisfy growing demands for stone, iron plates, copper plates, metal gears and what not. Basically you get a timed mission (the first mission is for 30 stone in 3 minutes). Once completed, you get the next mission, with a new kind of item to produce, then the next one, and so on until you fail.

I hate this mode because I hate the time pressure. I hope someone makes a LP of that.
Black blood of the factory

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bleda »

ah yeah, I tried that mode for a minute or so. It would be nicer if you could use your existing factory and prepare it for the challenge. So you don't have to build your factory under pressure, you just have to design it to be able to produce that output. It would be an excuse to expand your factory in late game, when you have everything in abundance and don't know what to do with it.

Plop and run
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Plop and run »

well, then it would not be a challenge anymore.
Black blood of the factory

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for good tip for addition of my games wishlist. You just delayed some of the future release by few days, are you happy now? :)

P.S. But yes playing games like this is really a must for us so we know what has been done already and we can find any kind of inspiration.

These are games people tend to compare us with, that we never played: Dwarf fortress, Rimworld, Spacechem, Industry giant and much more.

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

kovarex wrote:Thanks for good tip for addition of my games wishlist. You just delayed some of the future release by few days, are you happy now? :)

P.S. But yes playing games like this is really a must for us so we know what has been done already and we can find any kind of inspiration.

These are games people tend to compare us with, that we never played: Dwarf fortress, Rimworld, Spacechem, Industry giant and much more.
That's the marvelous game.
Really

GROOV3ST3R
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GROOV3ST3R »

I'm gonna vote Factorio because as much as I loved playing IG2, I simply can't run it anymore on modern hardware :S Don't think I ever managed to play it on XP, let alone Win 7... So yeah, it's has to be factorio because I can actually play and it's just more fun making a whole factory as opposed to plopping down a predetermined shape and waiting for money to roll in, only to find out you are losing more than earning back..

(That said, I loved Traffic Giant and there was never another game which replaced that one for me).

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

I run IG2 :)

Win 7
GTX 600 series
Intel i7

The secret is you need a special mod.

That mod is available at
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-IG2/indust ... ition-2012