Fast replace of modules

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Holy-Fire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Fast replace of modules

Post by Holy-Fire »

When I have a row of machines which I want to load with modules, I can just select the modules, run between the machines and ctrl-click each.

However, if the machines already have modules and I want to place better modules instead, I can't do that. I have to open the GUI of each machine and clear the inserted modules before I can put the new ones.

My suggestions: When having a module selected and ctrl-clicking a building with sockets, first all inserted modules try to move to your inventory, then the new modules are inserted.

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Fast replace of modules

Post by Garm »

while holding a new module in mouse shift-click old one to loot it into inventory, then right-click to insert new one.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

The module slots may be visible on to of every machine. So that you see the types bit (color is enough). By clicking on them you can directly place a module. Just another method...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Holy-Fire
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Holy-Fire »

Garm wrote:while holding a new module in mouse shift-click old one to loot it into inventory, then right-click to insert new one.
If I understand you correctly, I need to go into the machine GUI to do that. I'm asking for a way to do it without going into the machine GUI.

arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arl85 »

or even if you want to change from machine GUI, simply let modules replace other modules without having to manually remove the old one.
the behavior should be like replacing normal belts with fast belts: no need to remove the old one. just this will save you lot of time.
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”