My thought on the oil industry

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: My thought on the oil industry

Post by Darthlawsuit »

vulstar wrote:
BurnHard wrote:Pressure on liquids is different than pressure on gases,,,
Ah yeah Flow is the word for it indeed, instead of pressure haha :P

*And some other idea by the way...

-When you pump oil out of the sea, it could be like mixed with water, and you would have to filter the water out with some sort of splitting machine that gives water on 1 side and oil on the other.
Pumping oil from under the sea does not cause the two to be mixed. if you have a bad pipe then it can happen but pipes are suppose to be completely sealed. Normally oil being pumped up is not contaminated. Of course sometimes you drill into a well that NASA a lot of water in the well

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Some times, the oil in the ground is filled up with water to get all out. Oil swims on water, so when the reservoir is pumped out it is refilled with water. It's sometimes not avoidable, that there is some water in the oil.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

ssilk wrote:Some times, the oil in the ground is filled up with water to get all out. Oil swims on water, so when the reservoir is pumped out it is refilled with water. It's sometimes not avoidable, that there is some water in the oil.
Oil does float on water. Once you start taking on water it is a sign your well is almost dry or you need to drill in at another location. No one keeps pumping a well that is giving you vast quantities of water unless you want water.

Balthazar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Balthazar »

Do we have any more information on how barrels are expected to work? I had a nightmare where iron was used to make barrels of oil, and then the barrels of oil were burned and you lost the iron and i'm never going to sleep again. I'm hoping it'll be like with minecrafts forestry where you just put liquid in a container in one machine, then extract the container and the liquid seperately in another, and then you could move the barrels back to the pumpjacks and it would be great :P

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”