Radars are lying

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

FrozenOne
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Radars are lying

Post by FrozenOne »

TGS: Most of these situations were already fixed, if you find such situation on current version, upload and post the save.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

TGS wrote: That sounds really good. But would it also be possible in the map settings to have a tickbox to turn off random 'spawning' of groups of creepers? I don't know if it is a bug, or an intentional feature. But I've noticed 'random' spawns on some saves that appear to come out of nowhere and start attacking. Even though there are no bases where they are spawning..
The way you describe it. I think thats the biters that spawn because of the pollution of your factory. Minimizing your pollution with effectivity modules where possible will minimize these attacks unless you have time for and can affort a complete defence for your borders with walls and laserturrets. They way I have understood pollution doesnt attract biters from their bases but spawn these "extra" biters.

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

BurnHard wrote: The way you describe it. I think thats the biters that spawn because of the pollution of your factory. Minimizing your pollution with effectivity modules where possible will minimize these attacks unless you have time for and can affort a complete defence for your borders with walls and laserturrets. They way I have understood pollution doesnt attract biters from their bases but spawn these "extra" biters.
Current problem is: they spawn within the bases.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

As FrozenOne said, there were issues with this that were fixed, if it still happens in the latest (0.8.7) version, you can report it as a bug, it would be best to have a save where it happens.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”