Recycled Corpses (what to do with them)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

techno_letsgo
Inserter
Inserter

Recycled Corpses (what to do with them)

Post by techno_letsgo »

I hear that the dev team is making it so that alien corpses will be "recyclable". As i was fighting a massive horde of aliens this morning, i came up with an awesome idea. The corpses can lead to their own section of the tech tree.

Machines:
Corpse Recycler: Recycles the corpse, giving you tissue, bones, and "the unwanted parts" ( will have 3 tiers, just like the assembling machine)
Heavy duty inserter: Can insert 3 items at once
Incinerator: Burns the unwanted parts of a corpse (like a furnace, will produce pollution and will have an electric counterpart)
Artificial lungs: A machine that filters out some pollution. Runs off of (insert fuel the dev wants here) and requires lungs
And...: I'll leave this to the devs and factorio's awesome community! Use your creativity.

Transportation:
Personal: You can carry a corpse with your bear hands. It will make you very slow, and you won't be able to access your inventory while holding a corpse
Heavy Duty inserter: Can insert corpses into machines
Through trains and cars: However the amount of corpses on the train/car will slow it down tremendously.
The mower: like a lawn mower (try not to laugh xD) That mows up corpses that it runs over. It will automatically recycle and give you the reward and the unused part.
*Note!* By machine, a corpse only takes up 3 inventory spaces. But, a character must transport a corpse with his hands.

Gains:
The unused part: Waste product created from recycling corpses.
Titanium Bones: Very strong material that can be smelted like iron ore and will give you titanium
Skin: It can be used for organic machines, and the building of organs and tissue

Items:
Titanium plate: Can be used to make a more powerful ammo than piercing and maybe a tank upgrade (i'll leave that up to the devs)
Organs: Can be used to make organic machines
Tissue: Can be used to make organs
lungs: used in the Artificial lungs machine

Recipes: (To the devs)

Technology:
Corpse Science: Unlocked by learning alien science (if thats too far in i'll leave it to the devs), and unlocks the sciences: Corpse Recycler 1, Heavy Duty Transport, Corpse Science 2
C-R 1: Unlocks the corpse recycler 1 and unlocks the science: Corpse recycler 2
C-R 2: Unlocks the C R 2 and unlocks the science: C-R 3
C-R 3: Unlocks the C R 3 and unlocks the science: Mower
H-D-T: Unlocks the heavy duty inserter and unlocks the science Mower.
Corpse Science 2: Unlocks the Artificial lungs, and unlocks the incinerator. Unlocks the science C-S 3
C-S 3: Unlocks the mower

*Note!* You can change it so that a corpse varries in size depending where it came from (small, medium, or large biters, and spitters.) You can also change the gains depending on size. This decision is for the devs, so choose wisely

Also, with more understanding of the creatures, maybe you can gain peace with them, leaving this idea compatible with the many others on the forum.
Example threads: (Trade, Alien peace, etc)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Recycled Corpses (what to do with them)

Post by ssilk »

Uses of corpses: See DyTech-Mod. Are there more?

Also many suggestion about dead biters:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 450#p83450
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=6&t=805 Body Recycling
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”