Prerequisite Tree/Info

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

arokha
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Prerequisite Tree/Info

Post by arokha »

In crafting an item that has more than 3 'layers' of prerequisites (that is, something like a laser turret which needs batteries which needs sulfur which needs gas which needs oil), it would benefit the player to have some information about missing intermediates, instead of just missing raw materials. I have had to memorize that "Well, if it says I need raw materials XYZ, it probably means I just need more of item A, because that's usually what XYZ goes into. I have a bunch of item A in a chest.", so that I can just go pick up more of that intermediate instead of the raws to save time, though even then I have no idea how many I would need (without use of THE MATHS :geek: ).

I have two possible suggestions: Include another section above the raw materials that includes icons (but not names) for the intermediates. -or- Include the steps in the hover-box (that might take up a loooot of room though.)

NB: This may have been suggested previously. I searched, but was unable to locate a thread about it (doesn't help that many thread titles are 'suggestionsummary'), so if this exists already, please feel free to ... do whatever to this thread!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Prerequisite Tree/Info

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”