X-Perimental - Logistics & Logic in .12

Post about Let's plays and streams.
vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

X-Perimental - Logistics & Logic in .12

Post by vampiricdust »

Hey guys! I got so excited about playing .12, that I had to start another series x.x My other series will eventually update, but they rely a fair number mods & I won't be any rush to update them for a bit.

That said, here is X-Perimental Playlist

The main point of this series will focus on using combinators to control the factory's production. While I am not learned in computer design theory, I do absolutely love logic & logistics problems. I really want to push the boundaries of what I can come up with.

I'm using only one mod I custom made to my tastes. It changes what items you get on start & unlocks 4 technologies to accelerate early game.
Attachments
Pocket-Bots-Start_1.0.0.zip
If you want to try a different start.
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 243 times

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: X-Perimental - Logistics & Logic in .12

Post by vampiricdust »

Saying Hello

Went off to introduce myself to some biter nests, didn't end well for them. I also go over belt balancers & why they're not that great at balancing. Also get green science rolling and prep to show off some combinator usage, boy are they fun to play with.

Automating the things

After another round of biter combat, I come back to get steel & stone bricks running as well as doubling up on the power plant. I really like the power setup as it's fairly compact if not very symmetrical. I get started on belt production, but it's not quite what I need for it to work the way I want.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Combinators & Belts

I started using combinators, for now to have a visual notification when the production of belt items have reached their stock levels as well as using a constant combinator as a stock level manager so I don't have to chase down the individual smart inserters.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

A Terrible Blue Mess

Well, blue science is in & the space disappeared way too quickly. It's fairly messy, but it works. I should be quickly ready for alien science and I already have plenty of artifacts to get it started. Things are going to start moving along now, I'm excited to try utilizing clocks to control production rates.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Double Power, Double Pollution

I get the main production for plastics & batteries started, but realize my power needs a new addition to keep up, especially with lasers coming. I realize I only used one pump for 20 engines, but it'll get fixed in a future episode. Added onto the copper mining to keep up with the steel furnaces. The 0.12.1 patch is really nice & even more fixes for the next update. I don't think we'll need too many more patches to stable.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Combinator Inserters

In this episode I go over using combinators to control production of plastics & batteries so one or the other doesn't use up all the petroleum. I also build an inserter module to build up all the inserters. I use combinators to control production so it doesn't use up all my inserters while making the derived inserters. I didn't put in the light display this time for inserters being full, but something I may do in the future. One very great use for combinators coming in the next episode.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Combinators and Cracking

I've put combinators to work controlling my oil conversion to keep things progressing. Get some advanced circuits going & preparing for the revolution of logistics. While controlling a logistic network is more simplistic, I'm going to continue to use combinators in whatever way I can.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Rise of the Bots

I've got logistic bots in the air & their numbers are growing. It's time to take this factory to the next level. To do that, power is going to be a major consideration. I'm going to building a machine steam engine power plant that I can easily extend and add onto as well as have tanks of preheated water ready for reserve power needs. I have a few ideas for controlling the power balance.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Turret Creep

Been a bit sick lately so I'm rather nasally. I'm covering my borders with power poles as backbone for future power expansions as well as preventing biter nests coming back. It's coming time I upped my firepower.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Automatically Repaired Biter Plow

Well, I think I've discovered a very powerful strategy to easily remove bases with fewer worms. A tank with repair packs becomes a poor man's shield and is very effective at taking biters & spitters on. Big worms still pose a threat, but it takes 2-3 worms before you really should worry about them. Some poison capsules would go a long way to countering the worms.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

Changing Winds

I'm back to recording finally. I've got two projects in the works for a major line of experimentation into automated construction. Seizing onto Klonan's Wind Turbine and Burner Generator to give me greater flexible energy solutions, I believe I am ready to aim for this experiment.

The details of the experiments will come in time...

Return to “Videos”