My perspective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lykXVAhl8yY
Xterminator's perspective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8hWHcETo_g

Who do you guys think will win? :)

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Xterminator vs. FishSandwich! A PvP style Youtube series

Post by Piranha »

FishSandwich wrote:Who do you guys think will win? :)
Honestly, whomever figures out that there are a lot of untapped strategies that haven't been employed will probably win.

I can see multiple ways to attack/ hold an attack that I haven't seen either of you use yet and the first to come up with a decent attack strategy rather than "lets just grab a bunch of these and see what happens" will probably win. I still feel like because this is the first series / PvP match of factorio ever, both of you are holding back and overthinking a lot of stuff that isn't quite nessessary but now that both of you have had good attacks on one another and you both have blue running (or did have blue running) it's going to come down to who actually goes for the throat and spends the next session really going for the win!

I hate to pick a side, so I'll say I really hope that both of you lay big attacks on one another, re-group and think I'll sneak up on him this time, then one of you travel the high road and one the low road, both of you take out the others base and have to end it in an all out war between the two of you, mano a mano, since both bases have been destroyed.. Muhahahaha

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Lol well I think you will have your answer this week for who wins... :p Let's just one of makes a huge mistake.. Hehe
Image Image Image

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

Any chance there is a spot open for the next series?

I know I'm not "youtube" famous but I would really enjoy being a part of the PvP series if possible.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Piranha wrote:I would really enjoy being a part of the PvP series if possible.
I've been having games with some guys from the evolve group, you're welcome to join. :)

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Here's my episode of the final guys! http://youtu.be/M_w0mqT9FhA :D
Image Image Image

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Xterminator wrote:Here's my episode of the final guys! http://youtu.be/M_w0mqT9FhA :D
Woops, was in a rush to post links that I forgot I was posting for both channels. xD

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

I'm literally going to get some popcorn ready... time to watch some carnage!

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

Great series guys!
Way to introduce a new style to playing factorio and making the first example of it so fun to watch :)

I would say I feel bad for the one who lost (I won't put spoliers) but they didn't say my name when talking about using A DAMN STEEL PICKAXE!!! :twisted: :twisted: hahahaha

Again, great series guys.. I look forward to the 2v2's

Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xecutor »

IMO series would be much more fun if both sides take defence a little more serious.
How logistics works in pvp?

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Piranha wrote:Great series guys!
Way to introduce a new style to playing factorio and making the first example of it so fun to watch :)

I would say I feel bad for the one who lost (I won't put spoliers) but they didn't say my name when talking about using A DAMN STEEL PICKAXE!!! :twisted: :twisted: hahahaha

Again, great series guys.. I look forward to the 2v2's
I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! :D We had a lot of fun too. Also sorry I didn't mention your name, I usually prefer to not specifically mention people's names like that. Haha
Xecutor wrote:IMO series would be much more fun if both sides take defence a little more serious.
How logistics works in pvp?
Yeah true, I think for this first time we just had so much to worry about it, we couldn't think of everything. :) Unfortunately logistics don't seem to really work in PvP at the moment :(
Image Image Image

Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xecutor »

Xterminator wrote: Yeah true, I think for this first time we just had so much to worry about it, we couldn't think of everything. :) Unfortunately logistics don't seem to really work in PvP at the moment :(
What a pity.
Logistics powered turret creep into heavily defended enemy territory should be a spectacular show :)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Xecutor wrote:
Xterminator wrote: Yeah true, I think for this first time we just had so much to worry about it, we couldn't think of everything. :) Unfortunately logistics don't seem to really work in PvP at the moment :(
What a pity.
Logistics powered turret creep into heavily defended enemy territory should be a spectacular show :)
There's a lot of bug fixes that benefit PvP gameplay coming in 11.16, working logistics included. ;D

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

Just finished your series. Was very fun watching you guys and your reactions were priceless. Looking forward to your next one when you have larger teams.

Some suggestions that I think would make it better.

1. You cannot interact with the other players buildings, belts, etc you can destroy them but not pick them up.
2. Make the biters attack buildings (not sure if you can do that)
3. Do not allow either player to use the map. Would be so much more fun if you didn't know the other guy was coming till he was knocking on your door. (May not be feasible, believe they are going to take care of that down the road in the base game)
4. Use the new bug model where you require lower levels to make higher levels (as Fish has done I believe)
5. Remove all of the upgraded damage on guns / turrets, they kill you guys too easy.

Not sure if these are all valid but I really enjoyed it and think these changes could make an even better experience.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Marconos wrote:Just finished your series. Was very fun watching you guys and your reactions were priceless. Looking forward to your next one when you have larger teams.

Some suggestions that I think would make it better.

1. You cannot interact with the other players buildings, belts, etc you can destroy them but not pick them up.
2. Make the biters attack buildings (not sure if you can do that)
3. Do not allow either player to use the map. Would be so much more fun if you didn't know the other guy was coming till he was knocking on your door. (May not be feasible, believe they are going to take care of that down the road in the base game)
4. Use the new bug model where you require lower levels to make higher levels (as Fish has done I believe)
5. Remove all of the upgraded damage on guns / turrets, they kill you guys too easy.

Not sure if these are all valid but I really enjoyed it and think these changes could make an even better experience.
Glad you enjoyed it! :D I like your ideas, unfortunately most of them aren't feasible at this point I don't think.
1.) I do like this one and it obviously can be done, but I think it might take of the fun shenanigans out of it. Lol
2.) This can't be done in the game at this point. We have, and just won't work for some reason. :/
3.) Poasibly. Although it would make finding resources very difficult, especially oil. Lol And could for a pretty short game. Like if you were on opposite side of your base and didn't know the guy coming until he started destroying things, you could easily lose half your base lol
4.) Yup gonna do that! :D
5.) I agree. The turrets kill us way too fast. Not sure if you can just under certain research though. Hmm o.o
Image Image Image

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

Xterminator wrote:
Marconos wrote:5. Remove all of the upgraded damage on guns / turrets, they kill you guys too easy.
5.) I agree. The turrets kill us way too fast. Not sure if you can just under certain research though. Hmm o.o
You could probably just buff the characters to have bullet resistance fairly easily, that way they would have all the same stats against biters still but wouldn't be insta kill against you guys.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

game.forces.player.technologies["technology-name"].researched = false
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

We've decided to delay the 2vs2 series until next monday(23rd) because we wanted to wait for 0.11.16, which has bugfixes that benefit PvP gameplay.

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

FishSandwich wrote:We've decided to delay the 2vs2 series until next monday(23rd) because we wanted to wait for 0.11.16, which has bugfixes that benefit PvP gameplay.
Get on the stick ... I'm missing my fill of laughing at you guys, err with you, and enjoying your shenanigans against each other. :D

Return to “Videos”