[Bug]Could not connect to peer 0.11.6 (Build12779,Win64)

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Glockshna
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Bug]Could not connect to peer 0.11.6 (Build12779,Win64)

Post by Glockshna »

I wish I had more information to provide for this but I don't.

A buddy of mine and I were playing yesterday for a few hours and it worked great. First try he connected and we played for several hours with no problems (Other than the static latency which is fine).

We went to resume our game today and now he is receiving 'Could not connect to peer' when he tries to connect to the game and on my end after around 30 seconds I see '<Friend's IP> Dropped'.

To my knowledge nothing has changed on either of our ends.

Some basic stuff to preempt the normal questions

Yes the port is forwarded. I wouldn't get any sort of feedback from his connection attempt if it wasn't.
My IP is static. Same as above.
We are running the same version and bit version of the game
We have no mods
We have tried using Evolve to connect and get the same error.

Anyone have any ideas what could have changed over night to cause this?

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Bug]Could not connect to peer 0.11.6 (Build12779,Win64)

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

a common test i do with a friend is, Test to see if he can connect via a new map.

If that works, then it could be something on the map itself. Are you running any mods?

Only the host should have autosave on, so all non-hosts should disable theirs.

Try playing the game by yourself (on multiplayer) for a few minutes, and then let him join.
Try saving the game as a different name, load it and get him to join.

All else fails, Give him the save file and let him host. Seems to almost always work.

Edit: Not a de-sync issue, but giving him the file to host, isn't a bad a idea.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Does anyone have so many crashes when research finish in 0.11.6? We crashed every 3rd or so reasearch we completed (no mods). I heard completed research sound and game crashed for everyone in the game.

Glockshna
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Glockshna »

OBAMA MCLAMA wrote:a common test i do with a friend is, Test to see if he can connect via a new map.

If that works, then it could be something on the map itself. Are you running any mods?

Only the host should have autosave on, so all non-hosts should disable theirs.

Try playing the game by yourself (on multiplayer) for a few minutes, and then let him join.
Try saving the game as a different name, load it and get him to join.

All else fails, Give him the save file and let him host. Seems to almost always work.

Edit: Not a de-sync issue, but giving him the file to host, isn't a bad a idea.

Tried all of that unfortunately. :(
cpy wrote:Does anyone have so many crashes when research finish in 0.11.6? We crashed every 3rd or so reasearch we completed (no mods). I heard completed research sound and game crashed for everyone in the game.
Not to be rude but you should make a new thread since this one is not related to your issue.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Glockshna wrote:Tried all of that unfortunately. :(
So you cannot connect even with new map?

Glockshna
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Glockshna »

cube wrote:
Glockshna wrote:Tried all of that unfortunately. :(
So you cannot connect even with new map?
No.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Slpwnd fixed a lot of bugs in multiplayer connections for 0.10.8... let's hope that your bugs were fixed as well.

Glockshna
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Glockshna »

cube wrote:Slpwnd fixed a lot of bugs in multiplayer connections for 0.10.8... let's hope that your bugs were fixed as well.
Gave it a try, No dice :(

psihius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by psihius »

Running 0.11.8 with up to 5 people on and off, direct connection without Hamachi/evolve/etc. Runs fine for everyone, we all are in the EU, so pings are 45-50. One has 80 to the host - running server at 99.
Connecting is a hassle sometimes, the order of who connects after who is relevant very much - in certain combinations you get into desync loop. We worked out the order for us and usually connecting up is pretty smooth, though new people coming in may break the game and we have to reload it from a save.

But, if you have at least 3-4 hours for a play session - worth it. We played like 10-11 hours today, had to reload the game a dozen times because of people coming-going, but when everyone was in, it was running fine. Had only one crash during normal gameplay and considering the size of the map, the biter counts and we, playing 3 to 5 people constantly is pretty good. Pings are the key, also throughput is very important for fast rejoins.

Glockshna
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Glockshna »

psihius wrote:words
Yeah, I only know one other person who has Factorio and he is about 250 ping from me (I'm on East coast US and he's in the Netherlands) so I haven't been able to test. It's something either on my end or between us because he got it working with another one of his friends who is never around when I'm available to play. I wish there was some more verbose logging on the server side to explain why a client gets dropped. The connection is being established to the server from the client because I get a message on the server side when the server drops him.

Tom_The_Hero1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tom_The_Hero1 »

When it says (the ip of your friend)dropped then let him try to connect again it already happend to me and my friend a few times and just trying to connect again always works for us.

Return to “Multiplayer”