[0.12.x][v0.12.6] Bob's Electronics

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Should this mod add the new Bob style electronics as stand alone?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:25 pm

Move the electronics out of Bob's MCI into Bob's Electronics mod (Renamed from Electronics Overide) (The mod Adds my electronics, and sets the overides)
73%
Leave it as is (Can only be used with Bob's MCI)
27%

Total votes: 11

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.12.x][v0.12.6] Bob's Electronics

Post by bobingabout »

Downloads:
v0.12.x
Latest: V0.12.6 - 7th November 2015
Dropbox Latest
Archive

As of 0.12.4, the Library Mod is required.

The Electronics mod adds a whole new electronics tree that replaces the base game electronics. This has been previously seen in Bob's Intermediates, or Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mods.

Obsolete version:
Electronics Overide mod
Screenshot:
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.1.0]Electronics Overide

Post by Airat9000 »

what is? screen please

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Airat9000 wrote:what is? screen please
I knew you were going to ask that! :lol:

There, I uploaded a screenshot that should help illustrate the change.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:what is? screen please
I knew you were going to ask that! :lol:

There, I uploaded a screenshot that should help illustrate the change.
very good thanks!

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

there is a proposal to do then generating resources near the base

just if you play with a huge number of monsters, you can get silver or lead is very difficult

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

When I start the next world then I definitely use this. But in my current world is would break everthing and I don't want to rebuild all. I already must build the second generation of my modules factory.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Airat9000 wrote:there is a proposal to do then generating resources near the base

just if you play with a huge number of monsters, you can get silver or lead is very difficult

Tiny patchs of Galena, which gives lead ore should apear in the starting area already.
I did this and added the second solder recipe that uses lead to make solder easier to make.
This should make it possible to build the Advanced Electronics "Electronic circuit board" using resources found only in the starting area.
Airat9000 wrote:Image
What you are pointing to here is quartz, This isn't supposed to show up as often as it does in the start area, it happens if you set richness to very high. I have altered this for the next version.
SuperSandro2000 wrote:When I start the next world then I definitely use this. But in my current world is would break everthing and I don't want to rebuild all. I already must build the second generation of my modules factory.
I know that feeling, I did it in my world, and I'm like... Yes, this works, but now all these old circuit factories are useless X3

It also took me a couple of hours to build the new module factory chains, and alter the old ones for the new recipes.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:there is a proposal to do then generating resources near the base

Tiny patchs of Galena, which gives lead ore should apear in the starting area already.
I did this and added the second solder recipe that uses lead to make solder easier to make.
This should make it possible to build the Advanced Electronics "Electronic circuit board" using resources found only in the starting area.
Airat9000 wrote:Image
What you are pointing to here is quartz, This isn't supposed to show up as often as it does in the start area, it happens if you set richness to very high. I have altered this for the next version.
SuperSandro2000 wrote:When I start the next world then I definitely use this. But in my current world is would break everthing and I don't want to rebuild all. I already must build the second generation of my modules factory.
I know that feeling, I did it in my world, and I'm like... Yes, this works, but now all these old circuit factories are useless X3

It also took me a couple of hours to build the new module factory chains, and alter the old ones for the new recipes.
Yes it is, he appears frequently, it can be near but not much, because the real strewn everywhere if you do at maximum .

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Can you make the code compatible with other mods(DyTech, etc.) ?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:Can you make the code compatible with other mods(DyTech, etc.) ?
With the added modding interface of V0.11 data-updates.lua and data-final-fixes.lua, you can make mods that do things AFTER the initial modding definition. I added the code for this mod in final fixes, so it should happen last. I did this on purpose to try and make it compatable with as many mods as possible, and with the mods I tested it with, replaced electronics as I intended.

Did you try it with other mods to see what happened?
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Bobingabout i have big question for you - why for electonics need too many wood??? One key phrase - need wood!!! Many wood! Now for the game necessarily need mod treefarm, i think it's not funny, really
So where now red, blue circuits? and purple circuit that was added with dytech

Can you rework this mod and rewatch usage of the wood resources? why not to return to usage of iron and steel in recipies of electonics ?
How make science pack 8 which need purple curcuit? Which technology i need?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Because this is so wood heavy is why I made it an optional seperate mod, rather than intergrating it into Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates. THIS IS OPTIONAL!

This is supposed to be a more realistic representation of what things are made of, and in the real world, low grade electronic boards are made from crushed paper infused with Resin. Well, Paper is made from wood, therefore, I used wood.

The base game's use of Iron and copper cables for Electronic Circuits confused me, because, well, you need something non-conductive. I guess this is why Advanced Electronics were made with Plastic.

Science pack 8? I didn't know there even was one...
I also have a Patreon.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

bobingabout wrote:
SuperSandro2000 wrote:Can you make the code compatible with other mods(DyTech, etc.) ?
With the added modding interface of V0.11 data-updates.lua and data-final-fixes.lua, you can make mods that do things AFTER the initial modding definition. I added the code for this mod in final fixes, so it should happen last. I did this on purpose to try and make it compatable with as many mods as possible, and with the mods I tested it with, replaced electronics as I intended.

Did you try it with other mods to see what happened?
This happens every time. Here is the log file.
log

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:This happens every time. Here is the log file.
How odd... I am obviously missing something...
the data.lua file for this mod is one of the very last data.lua files to load, which means the final-fixes version is likely the only final fixes file being loaded, so nothing should be trying to access electronic circuits after it.

Back to the drawing board with this one I guess, I'll see if I can fix it.

it would help if you could try turning off all these mods, and try loading the game turning them on one by one to find out which ones break it, that's quite an extensive list to go through.
I also have a Patreon.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Let me help with the elimination process :) I have a game running with override, using the following mods from the list:

3719.959242 Info C:\Factorio\src\Data/ModManager.cpp:237: Loading mod Compression Chests 1.3.4 (data.lua)
3721.084330 Info C:\Factorio\src\Data/ModManager.cpp:237: Loading mod Equalizer_Chests 1.0.0 (data.lua)
3721.432282 Info C:\Factorio\src\Data/ModManager.cpp:237: Loading mod Explosive Termites 1.1.4 (data.lua)
3722.285768 Info C:\Factorio\src\Data/ModManager.cpp:237: Loading mod Landfill 2.1.1 (data.lua)
3724.471261 Info C:\Factorio\src\Data/ModManager.cpp:237: Loading mod Resource-Monitor-Mod 0.5.2 (data.lua)
3725.829929 Info C:\Factorio\src\Data/ModManager.cpp:237: Loading mod TheFatController 0.0.8 (data.lua)
3726.781338 Info C:\Factorio\src\Data/ModManager.cpp:237: Loading mod Treefarm-Mod 1.2.3 (data.lua)
3741.696510 Info C:\Factorio\src\Data/ModManager.cpp:237: Loading mod bobplates 0.7.2 (data.lua)
3745.279380 Info C:\Factorio\src\Data/ModManager.cpp:237: Loading mod bobassembly 0.1.7 (data.lua)
3746.842231 Info C:\Factorio\src\Data/ModManager.cpp:237: Loading mod bobelecoveride 0.1.0 (data.lua)
3748.641884 Info C:\Factorio\src\Data/ModManager.cpp:237: Loading mod bobmodules 0.2.3 (data.lua)
3750.408638 Info C:\Factorio\src\Data/ModManager.cpp:237: Loading mod bobpower 0.1.6 (data.lua)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.1.1]Electronics Overide

Post by bobingabout »

I think the issue is that I deleted the base game electronics recipe, when what I should have done is Disabled it, and made all instances of it give my electronics instead.

However, this doesn't take into account special case scenarios like the blueprints, where resetting them requires electroics, this was broken.

So I released a new version that goes the other way around, replaing all instances of my electronics in recipes with the base game's version, but then alters the base game items to look like mine, with recipes to match mine.

Give this a try, see if it works any better.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.1.1]Electronics Overide

Post by bobingabout »

I forgot a thing
thing fixed in 0.1.2
I also have a Patreon.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.1.2]Electronics Overide

Post by Boogieman14 »

Is this "thing" specifically related to Sandro's problem (or the changes you did for that), or is this something everyone should install? :)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

the "thing" was a result of something I did in 0.1.1 that meant you had 2 identical items side by side (My electronics, and the base game's electronics that were re-defined to apear as my electronics) when you went into the logistic system to choose filters, request items etc, and only one of those 2 items were buildable.
the 0.1.2 fix removed the duplicate.
0.1.1 should have fixed Sandro's problem.

Everyone who wants to use this mod should probably use 0.1.2.
I also have a Patreon.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

It works now. Thanks man!

Return to “Bob's mods”