Best way to produce pollution?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

XELANAMYT
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Best way to produce pollution?

Post by XELANAMYT »

Hi, I'm getting to the point where I want to farm some aliens artifacts as opposed to go out and clear out the bases manually, so I built a small output with sniper towers, train supplied ammo and an electric connection, this is placed in between several large alien bases and is already being attacked.

Basically I want to produce a lot of pollution to get more aliens to attack me, but I don't really want to use resources, or very few anyway otherwise I'll just have to supply it and waste resources. I tried filling and emptying oil barrels, but it didn't seem to produce much pollution even with high level pumps/module/inserters to make things run as fast as possible.

So does anyone have any suggestions ow to do this?

Thanks

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Best way to produce pollution?

Post by kinnom »

pollution produstion modules?
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

It's really not easy to attract biters to attack you with pollution. You can calculate how much pollution you need, 200 pollution for a small biter, up to 20,000 pollution for a Behemoth Biter, so for example if an assembler is producing 50 pollution, it'd provoke a small biter to join an attack force ever 4 seconds, but a behemoth biter only every 400s, this should give a basic idea of how much pollution you need to be generating to get the extra attackers you want.
Bearing in mind it also takes a long time for pollution to spread, attack groups to form, and attack.

Best thing to do is build a biter enclosure, just build turrets around a large nest, while you're nearby the nest will be in "defend the nest!" mode, and will constantly send hordes of attackers at the turrets. This produces attackers in huge numbers and independently of pollution production. It only works when you're nearby which is actually handy because the ammo/energy usage is obscene.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

What I did was set up a small barreling to unbarraleing factory, linked to each other. put in some full oil barrels, huge pollution, and let them just go in a loop, pouring out pollution.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Chibiabos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chibiabos »

Get flamethrower, find huge dense forest and set it ablaze. Fires generate massive pollution in a short amount of time.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Standard method is to clear out an area around a large group of spawners, then setting up a wall around that, and turrets just barely out of range of the spawners. Any time enemies spawn, they will wander, and quickly enter range of a turret causing all currently spawned units to attack. Turrets kill them, Artifacts drop.

Can do it from only a single side, but it might make artifact collection more difficult.

Set up a sniper so it's range is one tile short of one of the spawner, and then have the rest of the defenses and harvesting around said sniper.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

bobingabout wrote:What I did was set up a small barreling to unbarraleing factory, linked to each other. put in some full oil barrels, huge pollution, and let them just go in a loop, pouring out pollution.
And now since you ruined that lol?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Kane wrote:
bobingabout wrote:What I did was set up a small barreling to unbarraleing factory, linked to each other. put in some full oil barrels, huge pollution, and let them just go in a loop, pouring out pollution.
It should still be possible, you can still barrel and unbarrel oil, you just do it in the fluid pump rather than assembling machine. Also, add some pollution creation modules.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

bobingabout wrote:
Kane wrote:
It should still be possible, you can still barrel and unbarrel oil, you just do it in the fluid pump rather than assembling machine. Also, add some pollution creation modules.
I think though they have much less pollution footprint but I will give it a try.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

XELANAMYT wrote:Hi, I'm getting to the point where I want to farm some aliens artifacts as opposed to go out and clear out the bases manually, so I built a small output with sniper towers, train supplied ammo and an electric connection, this is placed in between several large alien bases and is already being attacked.

Basically I want to produce a lot of pollution to get more aliens to attack me, but I don't really want to use resources, or very few anyway otherwise I'll just have to supply it and waste resources. I tried filling and emptying oil barrels, but it didn't seem to produce much pollution even with high level pumps/module/inserters to make things run as fast as possible.

So does anyone have any suggestions ow to do this?

Thanks
Don't use speed modules, speeding up the process won't add pollution. Just use straight polution producing modules.

ON a related note, pollution producing modules+buildings from the bio mod (which eat pollution)=ludicrous amounts of pollution reduction.

Return to “Bob's mods”