Dysnc fighting biters/spitters possible solution, pls test

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
azurelinctus
Inserter
Inserter

Dysnc fighting biters/spitters possible solution, pls test

Post by azurelinctus »

Hi all,

I had problem with dysnc in game when fighting biters/spitters and the problem was occurring no matter who I ran a MP game with. I found out that by disabling the other adapters on my computer other then my actual internet connection the problem stopped and I was able to play any game without the problem. I have found that some other people are having the same problem.
If anyone else is try disabling your adapters, programs like Tunggle, Evolve etc add software adapters. Either disable them and/or place them at the bottom of your priority list. Anyone who tries it post here if it works or not.

Mace
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Dysnc fighting biters/spitters possible solution, pls te

Post by Mace »

I am having the same issue when hosting for friends

i believe it to be ping related, as one friend has about 30-40 ping and no issues with both of us fighting biters, another is up around 90 ping, and instant desync when we fire at them

I also only have one network adapter on my pc, so the above wont work very well for me sadly.

edit*
tested this some more, its a conflict with 32bit and 64bit versions of the game, if host and clients are running the same version there is no issue, but if one is using 32 and one 64 then desync occurs as soon as you fire at biters.

djvanryan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Dysnc fighting biters/spitters possible solution, pls te

Post by djvanryan »

Mace wrote: ... its a conflict with 32bit and 64bit versions of the game, if host and clients are running the same version there is no issue, but if one is using 32 and one 64 then desync occurs as soon as you fire at biters.
That's something I was thinking about when I first started playing, I wondered what version everyone was playing. We'll have to do some more testing on that!

Return to “General discussion”