Can I take offset screenshots?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Can I take offset screenshots?

Post by Peter34 »

I'm trying to use the POSITION element to take screenshots that are offset relative to my character's position, so that e.g. instead of the screenshot being centered around him, he's up in the left corner or something. But it doesn't seem to work.

Is what I want to do possible? If yes, how do I actually do it? I just want the character in the corner, and in the same corner every time, doesn't matter if it's UL, UR, BL or BR.

/c game.take_screenshot{show_entity_info = {true}, resolution = {x = 2001, y = 1125}, position = {x = -50, y = 40}, zoom = 0.7}

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Can I take offset screenshots?

Post by DaveMcW »

Well, let's start with centered.

Code: Select all

/c game.take_screenshot{show_entity_info = {true}, resolution = {x = 2001, y = 1125}, position = {x = game.local_player.position.x, y = game.local_player.position.y}, zoom = 0.7}
Then we can add an absolute offset, moving the player 10 tiles towards the top left corner.

Code: Select all

/c game.take_screenshot{show_entity_info = {true}, resolution = {x = 2001, y = 1125}, position = {x = game.local_player.position.x + 10, y = game.local_player.position.y + 10}, zoom = 0.7}
If you want your character in the exact corner, you need to cancel the effects of the zoom and resolution. There is a formula for it, but I'll let you figure it out yourself or use trial and error.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Cool, thanks!

Is there a way to make screenshots bright like daylight regardless of wha time of day they were actually taken? I'm guessing there isn't, but I might be surprised...

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I know I can use the always_daylight console command. The wiki contains conflicting information about what exactly the command should be, but I tested the various commands, and this is the one that works in a12:

/c game.always_day = true

It'd still be nice to have a screenshot command flag to take the screenshot as if it was daylight, regardless of what the in-world time is.

Return to “Technical Help”