Help!!!!!!!

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
wtomsheck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Help!!!!!!!

Post by wtomsheck »

I have down loaded the game okay . I have window 7 and when I go to install it will not install!! what do I need to have to open and install the game??

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Help!!!!!!!

Post by DaveMcW »

What is the file name and size of the file you downloaded?

wtomsheck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wtomsheck »

file is Setup_Factor...22[1] us2.factorio.com downloaded 0.11.22 (alpha) not sure on size

wtomsheck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wtomsheck »

if you think I do not have room on my computer I have 628.4 GB of free unused space. if the game needs more then that I'd like a refund please. when I go to install it tells me I need to have something to open it with

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

A screenshot or the exact error message would help.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

I just tried to download 64 bit exe installer of Factorio through Internet Explorer 11 and full filename of downloaded file was "Setup_Factorio_x64_0.11.22[1]". So it stripped "exe" extension. Zip packages don't have this problem.
wtomsheck: Try to rename your downloaded file to "SetupFactorio.exe" and then open it. If that doesn't work, try to download Factorio in zip package instead.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Sorry for the problems. It seems that internet explorer sometimes removes file extensions when downloading. It is fixed now.

@wtomsheck, you can either rename the files you downloaded to add the .exe extension, or just delete them and download factorio again.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Why do people still use IE? :(

wtomsheck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wtomsheck »

sorry I do not know how to screenshot... can you tell me how you do that??

wtomsheck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wtomsheck »

So the error message I got was( "windows can't open this file:
To open this file, windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs that are installed on your computer. what do you want to do?") then it give me the choice to pick and I have tried both.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

wtomsheck wrote:So the error message I got was( "windows can't open this file:
To open this file, windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs that are installed on your computer. what do you want to do?") then it give me the choice to pick and I have tried both.
As cube said - there was an error that made Internet Explorer remove the extension. You can either add an .exe extension to the file, or - much better - try to download again, as it is probably fixed.

wtomsheck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wtomsheck »

NEVER MIND!!! IT WORKED, IT WORKED!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

wtomsheck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wtomsheck »

I did like you said deleted the old. then downloaded it again and it worked this time!! you are awesome!!

Return to “Technical Help”