[suggestion] Laser gun

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

YasP
Inserter
Inserter

[suggestion] Laser gun

Post by YasP »

The critters have these rocker defense towers I can't get near. A laser gun with a large range would be nice to take those out. It is the logical next step. Powered by batteries that have to be produced of course. Maybe rechargeable batteries with a charging station?

Staxxy
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [suggestion] Laser gun

Post by Staxxy »

You can use a rocket launcher to destroy the guard turrets.

YasP
Inserter
Inserter

Post by YasP »

In the free play they have these rocket guard towers. Certain death to get near and the range of their rockets is bigger than your rockets.

Only solution so far: take the car and crash it into the turrets and run like hell.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

YasP wrote:In the free play they have these rocket guard towers. Certain death to get near and the range of their rockets is bigger than your rockets.

Only solution so far: take the car and crash it into the turrets and run like hell.
Then can run out of ammo ( https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=5&t=384 )

orbito
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by orbito »

Yeah, using rockets or driving a car into the them is a good way to take out turrets.

I think laser weapons would be fun to use but should have about the same range as machine guns (or Laser turrets).

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

orbito wrote:I think laser weapons would be fun to use but should have about the same range as machine guns (or Laser turrets).
laser turrets have the same range as rocket turrets, i just can't wait for my own rocket turrets- mounted on trains......... :twisted:

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

If you're still wanting this it became available as mod with .16: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/laser_rifle it is only updated until .18, however it has unrestricted license.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”