Mod changes in 0.12

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod changes in 0.12

Post by orzelek »

Thanks for the explanation - seems that safest way to go is to use event provided surface. Later might need to make sure I'm not generating ore on surface that represents the space platform I guess.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

game.alwaysday=true no longer works in console, is there a new way to do this or has it been disabled?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

GotLag wrote:game.alwaysday=true no longer works in console, is there a new way to do this or has it been disabled?
Try game.always_day=true - global change to add separator.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Cheers, it works. Hadn't thought to try that.

A more serious problem: the changes to belt mechanics have completely broken my lane splitters. I was spawning invisible decoration entities to block half of each output belt, but the new belts seem to ignore collisions entirely.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

GotLag wrote:Cheers, it works. Hadn't thought to try that.

A more serious problem: the changes to belt mechanics have completely broken my lane splitters. I was spawning invisible decoration entities to block half of each output belt, but the new belts seem to ignore collisions entirely.
isn't that kinda the point of the new belt system.

can you rearrange the "rails" of the belts instead?

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Oh no doubt it's more efficient the new way. It's just that the old way let me tinker with belt outputs without having to add any real event handling (other than placement and removal of the modified splitters).

yeganer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by yeganer »

I may be wrongt but it seems that LuaTrain.locomotives is broken. At least i'm failing to access locomotives.frontmovers and locomotives.backmovers

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

yeganer wrote:I may be wrongt but it seems that LuaTrain.locomotives is broken. At least i'm failing to access locomotives.frontmovers and locomotives.backmovers
You need underscores - front_movers and back_movers will work most likely.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Rseding91 wrote:
  • Added on_player_driving_changed_state event - passes the player_index who's driving state changed.
So, my quick test revealed that this event triggers whenever a player enters or leaves a vehicle right? Would it be possible to pass the entity that was entered/left too? For entered it's not that important as it's just player.vehicle, when leaving it's not that clean.
Also, the same thing for opening/closing a GUI/inventory of an entity would be awesome.

Ty94
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ty94 »

New object LuaTransportLine, accessible from entity as read method get_transport_line(index) - an interface to the items on transport belts.
Can someone explain what methods and properties the LuaTransportLine object has. Because when I run get_transport_line, all I get is an empty table.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Ty94 wrote:
New object LuaTransportLine, accessible from entity as read method get_transport_line(index) - an interface to the items on transport belts.
Can someone explain what methods and properties the LuaTransportLine object has. Because when I run get_transport_line, all I get is an empty table.
call help() on it and print the results

Ty94
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ty94 »

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.

Return to “Modding discussion”