Directional Lights

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Directional Lights

Post by Shaymes »

sure, but lamps are not rotatable rotable ... cant circle around
Mining Drill Operator

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Rahjital wrote:This thread was initially in the Ideas and Suggestions subforum before somebody moved it here.
Hm. I can't see that in the moderator logs. Which doesn't mean, that it is not true.

From my feeling I would also say: first modding request, then interface changes, then suggestions... I'll watch this thread (normally not reading mods).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Dark
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Dark »

Wow, I was just beginning to work on my searchlight mod and saw this thread, is there is already such mod in the work?
I was planing to create several omni-directional spotlights with at least 3 colors each, and an additional "wide" type of spotlights.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Dark wrote:Wow, I was just beginning to work on my searchlight mod and saw this thread, is there is already such mod in the work?
I was planing to create several omni-directional spotlights with at least 3 colors each, and an additional "wide" type of spotlights.
There is not and that would be great. If you want a good way to do it without lots of individual item have a look at CleanPipes mod, it uses inserters for the direction arrow then places the correct pipe. You could also use a gui to set the colour, this means you would only need 1 item to place all the different lights.

Dark
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Dark »

JamesOFarrell wrote: There is not and that would be great. If you want a good way to do it without lots of individual item have a look at CleanPipes mod, it uses inserters for the direction arrow then places the correct pipe. You could also use a gui to set the colour, this means you would only need 1 item to place all the different lights.
Thanks for the hint!
Today I was trying to attach oriented light to different types of directed objects, but it failed, engine is not as flexible as I first through.
It also failed to apply color to oriented light type, so 48-112 of new cones would be required.
Using proxy objects for placing stuff is a great idea, inserters are no go however, since I'll need 8-way object, rail-type should do.

EDIT: Found a way to do it without insane number of new cones.

Dark
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Dark »

This mod is doing petty much what was requested and has a fancy ui.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Mods are here exactly for that: filling the user requests at an immediate time. Devs can then implement their ideas. That's the perfect scenario IMO.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”