[Request] Inverted Smart Inserter

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Request] Inverted Smart Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

A smart Inserter the work inverted to the normal one.
A Normal Smart you choose coal and he move coal.
I want that i choose coal and he should move all exept coal!

Please make a Smart Inserter like this ...

EDIT:
That what i want:

And for this i need a INVERTED SMART INSERTER who transport all except the things he has in his arm like a normal Smart Inserter.
Last edited by DOSorDIE on Tue May 12, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] Inverted Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

That sounds very useful, but is it actually possible to make a mod to create such an item?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

A note to this: Such an inserter would make sense if you have mixed resource fields, to separate the output, to prevent for example that you iron-smelter gets suddenly stone. But (!) this works only, if you always have enough electricity!

Which isn't the case of course. If your electricity goes down to 10%, the inserters move so slow, that some items are going through. And even if you have some of them to take the stuff out.

I dunno how long I searched for such small stone items, which has been furnaced in such situations. The consequence is just: Don't use this construction anymore. I use a belt, that ends, and the items, that I don't like land on one side and the items I like on the other. Every item needs to go through an inserter in that case.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

ssilk wrote:A note to this: Such an inserter would make sense if you have mixed resource fields, to separate the output, to prevent for example that you iron-smelter gets suddenly stone. But (!) this works only, if you always have enough electricity!

Which isn't the case of course. If your electricity goes down to 10%, the inserters move so slow, that some items are going through. And even if you have some of them to take the stuff out.

I dunno how long I searched for such small stone items, which has been furnaced in such situations. The consequence is just: Don't use this construction anymore. I use a belt, that ends, and the items, that I don't like land on one side and the items I like on the other. Every item needs to go through an inserter in that case.
I have no idea what you mean ...
I want when 20 diffent itemstype in a chest that all he will move except the things that i have set in the inserter.
See the picture in the first post.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

For that, you don't need anything :
Only iron is straightforward with a smart inserter
Only copper too
Only not iron neither copper, just add a red condition "only work when no iron left", a green condition "only work when no copper left", and move everything :ugeek:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

DOSorDIE wrote: I have no idea what you mean ...

Ok, but this is offtopic:

Code: Select all

========================>> items you don't want
                                               IIIIIIIIIIII
 Mixed ore from mining fields (1)  >>======||=================\\
                                         //||  IIIIIIIIIIII   ||
                                         ||    =============U ||  U====>>  items you want
                                         ||                   ||
                                         \\===================//
This is the setup. From the left are coming ores from the mines, which are mixed, cause the patch is mixed. Coal, stone and iron sits so near together that you cannot place the miners good enough to seperate the stream.
You want: Iron. You don't want: Stone and Coal.

This separator works as follows: The "I's" are smart inserters, with filters. The upper row of inserters filters for stone and coal. And maybe for some dozen items more - the filter for every inserter could differ.

The lower row of inserters filters only for iron ore.

At the end of the incoming belt, the items are returned to the start. That prevents the whole system to fail, if power is low and an inserter isn't fast enough to catch an item and then it stops at the end and the whole belt jams up.

I want when 20 diffent itemstype in a chest that all he will move except the things that i have set in the inserter.
See the picture in the first post.
A, sorry, didn't see that.

Well.Use robots for that job. They can solve exactly this problem.

But after a bit thinking I see now, that the not-filter would be really useful.

Btw: There is the discussion about this: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=6&t=974

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

Ok now i understand .... but this setup i had ... and its huge and do not allow a big impact of items (~1000 per train and that under 1 minutes)
and its come so often that when only iron is on belt and i want filter it and the other belt is full the system fail totaly.

With the "Inverted Smart Inserter" is only stoped when the chest is full off iron ... and thats a huge different.
So now i have a chest filter system for 30 most types and the rest i do manually out of the chest.

Robots ... than my 500 robots does nothing other as sorting this chests.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

DOSorDIE wrote: Robots ... than my 500 robots does nothing other as sorting this chests.
I usually do a sorter station, especially for that type of sorting.

But yes, I support this meanwhile, cause it would be really not so difficult to implement and will bring an interesting new element into the game, that has some good use-cases.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”