[Request] Scenario Creation

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Request] Scenario Creation

Post by n9103 »

The possibility for user-made scenarios is there, and the creations that could be made seem pretty wide ranging, but I haven't seen anyone hack one in.

I know some (if not most) of our modding community is familiar enough with the lua codes to get one working, but I'm not, and I haven't found a good resource to work on scenarios, either form scratch or from the existing freeplay/sandbox ones.
(I assume the devs would have a problem if the non basic scenarios ended up with derivatives.)

I don't have any particular guidelines for this request, as it's more of a "Lets see what people can make!" request. (though a scenario that makes rails a necessity rather than a late game convenience would be interesting.)
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Request] Scenario Creation

Post by slpwnd »

Good point. Actually we sort of expected the people go and try to make some of their own scenarios. Especially considering how many mods are there. There is quite a lot of possibilities. As usual, in case someone bangs his/her head to the limitations of the lua interface we can help and adapt it:) (Actually that is how the scenarios in the scenario pack were created - we kept adding the functionality we needed into the lua api.)

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”