Skill mod

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Skill mod

Post by L0771 »

Hi, i'm thinking in a mod with experience.
You have a level general, craft level, combat level, exploration level, constructor level, farmer level, destruction level (ideas...), and so on...
Each one can buff a stat (life, crafting speed, attack damage, run speed...) or give you an active skill (shield, heal, bombs...)
Maybe with talents... Xd

Is possible make this mod?

Devcod
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Skill mod

Post by Devcod »

It is possible to create mod like that, but not necessarily with all things you wrote about.
For sure you can modify health (not sure about max health; I think I saw "game.player.character.maxhealth" somewhere), health regeneration (not directly; you can make player lose health if you want), mining and crafting speeds (they can be negative).

If you are interested in more information/help just post and I will try to help you.
It is possible to do many things without direct API but it takes time and some thinking.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

i don't know how to start :)

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

L0771 wrote:i don't know how to start :)
Start here. When you get a handle on it start looking at the player entity definition, you can make a bunch of upgraded player entities (by deep copying the tables) and swap them out with the current player when the research is complete, watch out for power armor!

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Thanks you.
I started creating an axe, all items mined with this axe, gives you experience, and only give bonus when you use this axe. Should do that...

Continued here

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”