Magic Mod [poll]

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.

Is there interest for a magic based mod?

Yes!
29%
Yes! I will be willing to help (code) or (art)
14%
Yes! I will be playing it
29%
No!
29%
No! This wont work because (add info in comment)
No votes

Total votes: 14

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Magic Mod [poll]

Post by matjojo »

I have had this idea in my mind on making several enemy-drops your way into a magical world of magic, this will/could be able to do everything you can do with electronics, go to other worlds, and you would be able to build add-ons for the mod to make the "magical essence" (better wording will need to be thought of.) to do even more!

EDIT-- I just saw someone vote no, now I realise that this is really irritating to do as for you the idea behind the answer might be really logical. but I really hope the mystery voter might be able to leave a comment regarding what he meant to say.

(PLEASE NOTE:)
This is not really a request for a mod to be made but more of a info gathering thing.

cheers! Matjojo

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Magic Mod [poll]

Post by Adil »

Yeah, it appeared to me once that steampunk/fantazy factorio total conversion would be a sight to see. Though the problem might be that the mod would require a ton of graphics, the amount that took several professional artists two years to produce and animated pictures of trolls and goblins and such are probably more difficult than modestly designed mechanical contraptions.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

Adil wrote:Yeah, it appeared to me once that steampunk/fantazy factorio total conversion would be a sight to see. Though the problem might be that the mod would require a ton of graphics, the amount that took several professional artists two years to produce and animated pictures of trolls and goblins and such are probably more difficult than modestly designed mechanical contraptions.
Indeed, that is one of the reasons that I wanted to make this a sort of a multiple modders/artist/people thing,and not try to create such a massive mod by myself:P As you might have seen from Equivalent Exchange, I use for art mostly modified art from the base game.

Thanks for the feedback!

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

If there are any questions about surfaces i'm happy to help ;)!
BTW there is a critical bug that makes dyeing in other surfaces a bad thing in multiplayer, and i dont think it has been fixed. Atleast a bug report has been issued a few days earlier :/!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

jorgenRe wrote:If there are any questions about surfaces i'm happy to help ;)!
BTW there is a critical bug that makes dyeing in other surfaces a bad thing in multiplayer, and i dont think it has been fixed. Atleast a bug report has been issued a few days earlier :/!

well, that makes creating some kind of corrupted zone kinda hard

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

matjojo wrote:
jorgenRe wrote:If there are any questions about surfaces i'm happy to help ;)!

well, that makes creating some kind of corrupted zone kinda hard
Well i do think a possible soloution would be to temporarily monitor the life points for all the players and if it dips below 10 % then you auto teleport the player away from the surface and ummmm then kill him using die() :lol: !
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Third Clarke's Law:
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
In Factorio we play with a very high technology that technically speaking is indistinguishable from magic thus to keep the setting consistent there is no need for any kind of spells (recipes), mana (electricity), goblins (biters) etc. We already have magically powered conveyor belts and wondrous iron hands that know what to grab and when to move. We have potions that magically transform into new recipes and abilities, we have fantastic boxes that can squeeze huge amounts of stuff inside very small volume. Isn't it magic?

I did vote "No" because there is no answer "I wouldn't play it".

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

hitzu wrote:Third Clarke's Law:
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
In Factorio we play with a very high technology that technically speaking is indistinguishable from magic thus to keep the setting consistent there is no need for any kind of spells (recipes), mana (electricity), goblins (biters) etc. We already have magically powered conveyor belts and wondrous iron hands that know what to grab and when to move. We have potions that magically transform into new recipes and abilities, we have fantastic boxes that can squeeze huge amounts of stuff inside very small volume. Isn't it magic?

I did vote "No" because there is no answer "I wouldn't play it".

although I'm not happy to see this answer, I understand the reasoning and understand what you mean. thanks for the feedback!

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”