Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.18 (11.8)

Post by L0771 »

:shock: These graphics are better than the originals

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hi Yuoki,

I spent quite a bit of time fiddling with the yi_engines_0.0.3. The FFE and FHE are essentially efficient electric boilers while the SFE is a very efficient boiler. In terms of space, it would seem though that only the SFE and FFE are practical for use since the footprint of the support buildings will be less than the FHE due to its over the top use of lubricant. This means in terms of energy input, the upkeep is higher for the FHE while not generating more power than FFE.

These are builds that I've come up that will maximize the generation output of each engine type. FFE and FHE are similar in output capacity, ~16 MW, while SFE, maximum of ~6.5 MW, is most efficient in terms of unicomp usage to power ratio. The oil refinery supporting the FFE requires a tier 1 speed module. All supporting buildings are slotted with tier 3 efficiency modules to minimize upkeep where upkeep is FHE>FFE>SFE. The SFE build is stable indefinitely while FFE and FHE builds are quasi-stable as long as power consumption is less than theoretical maximum. If the supporting buildings for the FFE and FHE are powered by solar power then they will be stable indefinitely.
New-Engines_1.jpg
New-Engines_1.jpg (842.71 KiB) Viewed 9716 times
There is an odd electrical grid glitch where FFE is still in the FHE electrical network although they are separate electrical network at the moment this screenshot was taken.
New-Engines_2.jpg
New-Engines_2.jpg (579.54 KiB) Viewed 9716 times
While playing around, I also found some graphical glitches with the cimotas. When the output pipe is rotated north, when the building is animating, you can see some clipping of the piston with the pipe.
New-Engines_3.jpg
New-Engines_3.jpg (455.34 KiB) Viewed 9716 times
Also, not obvious from these screenshot, there is a small bug/glitch where you need to rotate the SFE, FFE, or FHE a full 360 degree for them to generate steam/volatile fluid if you mine and replace their downstream power generators. SFE, FFE, and FHE are not blueprintable yet as they generate the fluid with the default_temperature(105C for steam and 25 for volatile fluid) when placed by drones. There are some formulas that I used to calculate the power output as well as fluid usage. It might be useful for balance purposes (FHE needs buffing). The Rensuir generator don't need further balancing imo.

Code: Select all

P_max=(544/6)(fluid_usage_per_tick)(60 ticks)(effectivity)

* P_max is the power generated in KW from converting whatever fluid at maximum performance.
* fluid_usage_per_tick and effectivity are taken from lua files as defined by the mod author for their particular engines.
* 544/6 is the maximum energy conversion rate of the game, ~90.6 KJ/s.

P_max
Actual-Fluid-usage-per-second= ------------------------
               [(heat_capacity)(Fluid-temperature - default_temperature)]

* This is the actual fluid usage rate by the generator in the game when working.
* heat_capacity and default-temperature are taken from lua files as defined by the mod author for that particular fluid.
* Fluid-temperature is the current fluid temperature value, it could be lower than the maximum value defined for that fluid.
The save game that was used to take these screenshot is somehow corrupted at the moment so I can't share them. If I'm successful in recovering it, I will share the save game so you can take a look for yourself in-game. I still need to do a measurement of energy equivalent for unicomp.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Fatmice wrote:Hi Yuoki,

I spent quite a bit of time fiddling with the yi_engines_0.0.3. The FFE and FHE are essentially efficient electric boilers while the SFE is a very efficient boiler. In terms of space, it would seem though that only the SFE and FFE are practical for use since the footprint of the support buildings will be less than the FHE due to its over the top use of lubricant. This means in terms of energy input, the upkeep is higher for the FHE while not generating more power than FFE.
i hope with joy :) - for the FHE i search a solution, the initial idea was to use all lubricant or heavy-oil that in normal game would be storeage in tanks or refined to petroleum-gas - and make so all outputs more useful. theoretical i can switch to petroleum-gas as gas-fired-engine - but i think it's the wrong way. so the FHE needs a better working-recipe or i change the max.temp of volatile-fluid ... if you have a suggestion for a good fluid-mixing-recipe let me know.
Fatmice wrote: These are builds that I've come up that will maximize the generation output of each engine type. FFE and FHE are similar in output capacity, ~16 MW, while SFE, maximum of ~6.5 MW, is most efficient in terms of unicomp usage to power ratio. The oil refinery supporting the FFE requires a tier 1 speed module. All supporting buildings are slotted with tier 3 efficiency modules to minimize upkeep where upkeep is FHE>FFE>SFE. The SFE build is stable indefinitely while FFE and FHE builds are quasi-stable as long as power consumption is less than theoretical maximum. If the supporting buildings for the FFE and FHE are powered by solar power then they will be stable indefinitely.
yep, different power-networks needed. or some other backup to get started again. especially if you use the electric-water-gen to produce the water. this 16 MW are gross or net ? - a stable-cycle or nearly-stable sounds good. i love the unicomp, but maybe this makes all things to easy. broken down to vanilla-game-mechanics this are very expensive solar-panels ^^ - but less space consuming. i should make the gfx to look fancy and give this a build-reason.
Fatmice wrote: While playing around, I also found some graphical glitches with the cimotas. When the output pipe is rotated north, when the building is animating, you can see some clipping of the piston with the pipe.
yep ... the fluid-recipe came later over the cimotas :) - need overhaul.
Fatmice wrote: Also, not obvious from these screenshot, there is a small bug/glitch where you need to rotate the SFE, FFE, or FHE a full 360 degree for them to generate steam/volatile fluid if you mine and replace their downstream power generators. SFE, FFE, and FHE are not blueprintable yet as they generate the fluid with the default_temperature(105C for steam and 25 for volatile fluid) when placed by drones. There are some formulas that I used to calculate the power output as well as fluid usage. It might be useful for balance purposes (FHE needs buffing). The Rensuir generator don't need further balancing imo.
bad news, i need review this in code. against blueprints i think i'am helpless, needs i think much more code ...
Fatmice wrote: The save game that was used to take these screenshot is somehow corrupted at the moment so I can't share them. If I'm successful in recovering it, I will share the save game so you can take a look for yourself in-game. I still need to do a measurement of energy equivalent for unicomp.
^^ you are not alone ... after save i reload ... if it works i quit the game, if not - load autosave and try it again ... and again ... or shit happens ... looks like the game need time to save, because if you wait after save with quit, magic happens and savegame load ... sometimes ^^

there is no real equivalent because i keep it simple and would it interchangeable with other mods. you can change 20 stone/iron-ore/copper-ore into 20 wood = 80 MJ or 20 coal = 160 MJ. the UC-cost in value-sheet counts only raw-material not the energy to produce this is intention, because solar-planels. also 2 recipes that turns wood into petroleum-gas and coal to oil are aviable. but if you found a good math i will use it to rebalance.

and Thanks for your testing and posts :)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

L0771 wrote::shock: These graphics are better than the originals
Thank You ! - i try to get better, last try's below :)

yi-engines step up to 0.0.4 -> download

last time i played, i would set a outpost in the middle of nowhere - without water and far far away from the main base ... so i miss electricity (solar is cheating, consumes to much space and is ugly in real world ^^). now this times are over. yi-developed a new engine (don't blame me i know a real stirling-engine works) - so it's now possible to produce energy from solid-multitype-fuel, through heating air only (~80% fuel-efficency). tanks can used for better power-out balance.

there is another added option to change solar-power into power for later use -> fluid-accu-power. a full tank (2.5K) equals ~450 MJ stored power with electrical-air-heater. without any beacons the system don't run it's self. It's up to you which backup you prefer. fluid-accu-power can run longer, or give instant more power and it's working with all generators.

as before many gfx are temporary ...
one except the stirling-engine (maybe renamed later) - only 1 pipe needed - other only for testing ingame view.

next version Yuoki-Industries 0.2.19 - please prepare
- battery recipes changed - please use all old (also all old hydrogen-cells and other stuff without recipes)
- dirt renamed, so needs new produced - also recipe changed
- arch-site recipe removed -> dirt-digging now with special-drill
- accumulators changed in capacity and load/unload-rates and recipes.

*edit MEZ 22:44
updated gfx - same *.zip
- the whole hot-air-concept leads back to roots, because a machine can intake-air and vanilla-boiler can heat them for use in regular generators. sure cheap idea, but water independent - maybe this is the better way.
Last edited by YuokiTani on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Yuoki

I have an idea, what if to exclude from the recipe iron and copper. and add your resources as a basis for the production of. that is, simply remove the excess.

Despy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Despy »

I really love this mod and I agree with this, maybe use normal iron and copper but more quantity :)
Airat9000 wrote:Yuoki

I have an idea, what if to exclude from the recipe iron and copper. and add your resources as a basis for the production of. that is, simply remove the excess.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Airat9000 wrote:Yuoki
i know, as i read this post and from Despy i get an idea for a temorary solution to simplify that process and shall come in next version. beside that you play a old version - i think - because the tank hotbar-slot-2 is removed by change to factorio 11.X (or 10.9 ?).

i've played yesterday about 10 hours ^^ - and i get in different games always a automated cycle for these items, but its to hard to fully automate.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

LOL...You named one after me.

And for the honor, a ratio of 4:3 Air heater engine to steam-generator will yield positive generation cycle. :D

Here's a setup that gives 1.728 MW of excess generation. Beacons filled with Efficiency module 3s
Fatmice.jpg
Fatmice.jpg (771.69 KiB) Viewed 9553 times
Fatmice-2.jpg
Fatmice-2.jpg (622.96 KiB) Viewed 9553 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Fatmice wrote:LOL...You named one after me.
And for the honor, a ratio of 4:3 Air heater engine to steam-generator will yield positive generation cycle. :D
Here's a setup that gives 1.728 MW of excess generation. Beacons filled with Efficiency module 3s
yep, you researched the Infinite-Working-Cycle - so it's only fair - name it after you :)

i have try this in my game-world but i had problems to get the right setup and transfer the excess. it's so balanced that only with beacons a plus of energy is possible. i used EM-2 always 2 pieces but it's struggles and i can with 8 FCE to only ~ 600 kW plus energy (i used buffer-tanks). but sure better then nothing it's more a mid/late game tech to experiment with. ironicly i needed a better excess because all my solid-fuels are burned out ... and solar (damn) only gives ~ 12 MW in my world but needed ~ 30 MW ... Now i will try your setup, looks promising.
notice: system needs alway kickstarted to run !

perhaps some changes next version (sure it's the wip-thread ^^) because starholme had make new better looking code to experiment with.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

YuokiTani wrote:
yep, you researched the Infinite-Working-Cycle - so it's only fair - name it after you :)

i have try this in my game-world but i had problems to get the right setup and transfer the excess. it's so balanced that only with beacons a plus of energy is possible. i used EM-2 always 2 pieces but it's struggles and i can with 8 FCE to only ~ 600 kW plus energy (i used buffer-tanks). but sure better then nothing it's more a mid/late game tech to experiment with. ironicly i needed a better excess because all my solid-fuels are burned out ... and solar (damn) only gives ~ 12 MW in my world but needed ~ 30 MW ... Now i will try your setup, looks promising.
notice: system needs alway kickstarted to run !

perhaps some changes next version (sure it's the wip-thread ^^) because starholme had make new better looking code to experiment with.
You must use EM-3 or my build will not work. You can jump start with just one solar panel I think. The smallest build that is still energy positive is 2 beacons (4 EM-3) arranged so that 4 Air-heater-generator is affected (-80% energy consumption) and 3 steam-engine.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

YuokiTani wrote: i hope with joy :) - for the FHE i search a solution, the initial idea was to use all lubricant or heavy-oil that in normal game would be storeage in tanks or refined to petroleum-gas - and make so all outputs more useful. theoretical i can switch to petroleum-gas as gas-fired-engine - but i think it's the wrong way. so the FHE needs a better working-recipe or i change the max.temp of volatile-fluid ... if you have a suggestion for a good fluid-mixing-recipe let me know.
I suggest you use all 3 products for the FHE. The recipe could be a mix of petroleum gas, light oil, lubricant, and water. The ratio could be( 2 light oil + 2 lubricant + 8 petrol + 100 water) / 2 seconds => 100 Volatile Fluid. Increase the heat capacity to 8 KJ => (90-25)(8)(50) = 26000 KJ/s. This would put the FHE on equal footing to the obninsk reactor but is balanced in terms of space usage. FHE uses more space due to supporting buildings and the net power is actually less but the build is more impressive.
YuokiTani wrote: yep, different power-networks needed. or some other backup to get started again. especially if you use the electric-water-gen to produce the water. this 16 MW are gross or net ? - a stable-cycle or nearly-stable sounds good. i love the unicomp, but maybe this makes all things to easy. broken down to vanilla-game-mechanics this are very expensive solar-panels ^^ - but less space consuming. i should make the gfx to look fancy and give this a build-reason.
16 MW is gross. I will give you net below in terms of % of gross. The unicomp is not OP at all. If anything they are highly useful and create their own supply/demand cycles separate from the vanilla game resources. It is not only an energy source but also a resource for vanilla ore and liquid. It may look simple on the surface, i.e. use unicomp for everything, but there are competing demands for this all-encompassing resource. If you don't know what you are doing, you can easily bankrupt your factory if you make a mistake in unicomp management. It is also much easier to be extremely polluting when using unicomp so I think the trade-off is fine.
YuokiTani wrote: there is no real equivalent because i keep it simple and would it interchangeable with other mods. you can change 20 stone/iron-ore/copper-ore into 20 wood = 80 MJ or 20 coal = 160 MJ. the UC-cost in value-sheet counts only raw-material not the energy to produce this is intention, because solar-planels. also 2 recipes that turns wood into petroleum-gas and coal to oil are aviable. but if you found a good math i will use it to rebalance.
Yes, there isn't a fix equivalent because depending on how you obtain unicomp, the energy investment is different. Also, the energy recovered is also different depending on which route you used, i.e. your build, and whether you used SFE, FFE, or FHE. However, I think I've come up with a way to measure energy content that is somewhat parsimonious.

I will be measuring the energy of unicomp by comparing it to solid fuel equivalent. The value that one gets is different depending on which engine one used. All measurement done using builds in the save game below.

Lets start with FHE.

Investment -> 900 MJ (a.k.a. upkeep, provided by a fully charge crystal accumulator on a separate electrical network. Support buildings were run on this accumulator until empty.)
Produced -> 3,878,369,835 J or 3878.4 MJ (charged a bank of 34 crystals accumulator on a separate electrical network)
Net = 2,978,369,835 J or 2978.4 MJ
Expended 9 unicomp*
Gross Energy per unicomp = 430929981.6 J or 430.9 MJ
Net Energy per unicomp = 330929981.6 J or 330.9 MJ
Upkeep = 23.2% of Gross (that is quite a bit of upkeep - no where near free energy from solar panels).
* Since 1 unicomp = 10 crude oil = 7.5 solid fuel (using advanced oil method) = 187.5 MJ => 9 unicomp = 1687.5 MJ. Converting unicomp into crude oil to be refined into oil products for use in the FHE actually produced a gain of 1.764x energy.

FFE
Investment -> 900 MJ (a.k.a. upkeep, provided by a fully charge crystal accumulator on a separate electrical network. Support buildings were run on this accumulator until empty.)
Produced -> 1.873649551x10^10 J or 18.7 GJ (charged a bank of 34 crystals accumulator on a separate electrical network)
Net = 1.783649551x10^10 J or 17.8 GJ
Expended 91 unicomp*
Gross Energy per unicomp = 205.8 MJ
Net Energy per unicomp = 196 MJ
Upkeep = 4.8% of Gross (much less upkeep than FHE).
* Since 1 unicomp = 10 crude oil = 7.5 solid fuel (using advanced oil method) = 187.5 MJ => 91 unicomp = 17062.5 MJ. It would seem using the FFE to produce energy only net a gain of 1.045x energy. This is rather surprising.

Energy equivalent for Unicomp was not measured for SFE. I would assume that it would yield the most.

Energy euqivalent is for Unicomp was measured for a FHE+FFE+SFE chain, where excess light oil and petrol were converted into solid fuel to be burned in the SFE and obninsk reactors.

Investment -> 1800 MJ (a.k.a. upkeep, provided by two fully charge crystal accumulators on a separate electrical network. Support buildings were run on this accumulator until empty.)
Produced -> 2.69189325x10^10 J or 26.9 GJ (charged a bank of 34 crystals accumulator on a separate electrical network)
Net = 2.51189325x10^10 J or 25.1 GJ
Expended 161 unicomp*
Gross Energy per unicomp = 167.2 MJ
Net Energy per unicomp = 156 MJ
Upkeep = 6.7% of Gross (much less upkeep than FHE).
* Since 1 unicomp = 10 crude oil = 7.5 solid fuel (using advanced oil method) = 187.5 MJ => 161 unicomp = 30187.5 MJ. It would seem using a full chain of FHE+FFE+SFE and obninsk to produce energy actually produce only 89.1% of the energy comparable to burning solid fuel directly. This is very surprising.

So it would seems that recycling oil products back into unicomp is much more desirable than converting them into solid fuel. Perhaps the result will be better with fuel burning sterling engine.

Save game has the build for the positive feedback Air-heater Engine build.

Save game (0.11.8)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1toi1 ... energy.zip
Mods
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fnmm3 ... energy.zip

Edit: So the most I've manage to extract is a net of 34.4 GJ from 275 unicomp, using my build and a special thermo generator, putting unicomp at 125 MJ/unit. It would seem the more you extract energy through solid fuel the worst the conversion. So it is highly advisable to recycle light oil and petrol back into unicomp if you value efficiency.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Wow :o - really nice testing and measuring - i appreciate your support.

- with 0.0.4 heat-capacity is increased to 10 KJ = 32.5 MJ/s - your measure is done on this value. but it's possible to bump it more if nessesary or increase max.temp. 4 inputs - i try this and change the recipe.
- thats for sure, you can ruine your ressource-supply ... a stargate change to 10 GJ Fuel costs only 8 Unicomp but this equal 160 iron- or copper-ore and can only burned once :) - next version give a little more variant, and cimota energy consume reduced to 1200 kW - still more as every normal assembling-machine
- so 1 unicomp is about ~ 160 - 310 MJ worth - thats good and fine balanced i think.

i'am thinking - the only way to get more unicomp in a energy-cycle is through refining - but i think the plus is consumed by the refinery(energy) itself. so extra generation of unicomp is always needed - or i'am wrong now. but in energy-generation seems a nice way. the intention was to find a good use for all heavy- and light-oil and don't crack them into petroleum-gas.

- the stirling-engine is not better because designed ~ 80% total eff. - but a quick and easy way to generate energy and burn solid fuel, or make a reserve - and of course power up a outpost without water in early game-play. if beacon can deliver 20% more air output then maybe ...
- nice builds in your savegame, but i see thats problematic to connect the engines correct, so i change them to 4x4 sizes.

(omg ... i forgot yesterday to hit the submit-button)

*edit
- new version is online 0.2.19

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

YuokiTani wrote: i'am thinking - the only way to get more unicomp in a energy-cycle is through refining - but i think the plus is consumed by the refinery(energy) itself. so extra generation of unicomp is always needed - or i'am wrong now. but in energy-generation seems a nice way. the intention was to find a good use for all heavy- and light-oil and don't crack them into petroleum-gas.

*edit
- new version is online 0.2.19
If unicomp is being used for energy generation, it is best to turn the excess oil products, i.e. light oil, petrol, heavy oil, back into unicomp. This will allow you to use less unicomp or be more efficient with energy generation. Unicomp can be used to generate more unicomp but not directly. In order to generate more unicomp with some starting unicomp, you will need to use cimota to exchange unicomp to vanilla ore, process them into some vanilla product and exchange those vanilla products for more unicomp in the Laika gate. All of this can be supported with power generated by unicomp! The holy-grail of thermodynamic breakdown!!! :D

Of course, there is a smallest size system where this will work. I'm working on such a build.

Edit: link to Value Sheet V2.19 - X215-0104 is broken btw.

*Bug, when you mine the T.T Generator - P you will get T.T Generator - S. I don't think you wanted that.
# Maybe increase the compression rate for solid unicomp -> liquid? 24 solid -> 1 liquid would do nicely and is on par with 120000 solid unicomp per steel chest. The new ratio would allow a solid unicomp density of 128000 when stored as liquid in the 48K underground tank. Of course, the reverse ratio would also need to be increase. 24 solid -> 1 liquid and 1 liquid -> 24 solid.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.19 (11.8)

Post by Fatmice »

May I present an energy sufficient, net-gain unicomp cycle that's compact and almost blueprintable (except the FFE and sterling engine). This build needs 50 starter unicomp and a 10 solid fuel to get going and will provide net ~20 unicomp/min. Material investment is equivalent to about 1000 unicomp and will required about 50 min to recuperate. Off-shore pump can be replaced by an electric water generator.

Savegame
http://www.mediafire.com/download/shtkk ... nicomp.zip
Mods
http://www.mediafire.com/download/13t25 ... p_mods.zip
Holy_grail.jpg
Holy_grail.jpg (834.67 KiB) Viewed 7821 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Fatmice wrote:
If unicomp is being used for energy generation, it is best to turn the excess oil products, i.e. light oil, petrol, heavy oil, back into unicomp. This will allow you to use less unicomp or be more efficient with energy generation. Unicomp can be used to generate more unicomp but not directly. In order to generate more unicomp with some starting unicomp, you will need to use cimota to exchange unicomp to vanilla ore, process them into some vanilla product and exchange those vanilla products for more unicomp in the Laika gate. All of this can be supported with power generated by unicomp! The holy-grail of thermodynamic breakdown!!! :D

Of course, there is a smallest size system where this will work. I'm working on such a build.

Edit: link to Value Sheet V2.19 - X215-0104 is broken btw.

*Bug, when you mine the T.T Generator - P you will get T.T Generator - S. I don't think you wanted that.
# Maybe increase the compression rate for solid unicomp -> liquid? 24 solid -> 1 liquid would do nicely and is on par with 120000 solid unicomp per steel chest. The new ratio would allow a solid unicomp density of 128000 when stored as liquid in the 48K underground tank. Of course, the reverse ratio would also need to be increase. 24 solid -> 1 liquid and 1 liquid -> 24 solid.
- link fixed
- not a bug, because if you have 3 different types you can't break them back into standard without a recipe, so it's easier by breaking it falls back to standard, and save inventory-space. the small-steam-engine and the generators have the same behavior. i like this way more then carry different generators around. first should also named T.N =2.9 (reduced max.load for contineous 100% run).
- hmm, 48K fluid uc = 480K solid-uc = 192 stacks ... (9.6 Mio Vanilla Ore/Stone/Wood /50 = 192K vanilla-stacks ->lol ) ... but there is a another issue - if i make the package higher you don't want loose any drop of fluid-uc or break a pipe what contains uc. because 1 fluid-uc = 200 ore.
Fatmice wrote:May I present an energy sufficient, net-gain unicomp cycle that's compact and almost blueprintable (except the FFE and sterling engine). This build needs 50 starter unicomp and a 10 solid fuel to get going and will provide net ~20 unicomp/min. Material investment is equivalent to about 1000 unicomp and will required about 50 min to recuperate. Off-shore pump can be replaced by an electric water generator.
Thumbs Up ! and +1 Likes :)

I had little problems to get starting because i changed the FFE-size and input and needed to restart your build but it seems it works. of course until biters came and attack :)
Also a nice amount of ressource and energy invest to get some return after all - and i hope more fun to build as simply place solar-panel-patterns.
I contine to tweak the laika-gate recipes so that the return equals the raw-material. in the future maybe the only way to get a leftover is ore-washing and crushing raw-material from special-drill.
Additional Hint - vanilla steam-engines = 100% - electric-generators below - steam-turbines above .. for max. output from fluid-flow turbines should be better, but especially hot-air looses fast speed so no long ways useful possible.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

YuokiTani wrote: - hmm, 48K fluid uc = 480K solid-uc = 192 stacks ... (9.6 Mio Vanilla Ore/Stone/Wood /50 = 192K vanilla-stacks ->lol ) ... but there is a another issue - if i make the package higher you don't want loose any drop of fluid-uc or break a pipe what contains uc. because 1 fluid-uc = 200 ore.
That's a price one pays for better compression. One can use a pipe pump to clear pipes containing liquid unicomp if trying to save every tiny drop.
YuokiTani wrote: I had little problems to get starting because i changed the FFE-size and input and needed to restart your build but it seems it works. of course until biters came and attack :)
Also a nice amount of ressource and energy invest to get some return after all - and i hope more fun to build as simply place solar-panel-patterns.
I contine to tweak the laika-gate recipes so that the return equals the raw-material. in the future maybe the only way to get a leftover is ore-washing and crushing raw-material from special-drill.
Additional Hint - vanilla steam-engines = 100% - electric-generators below - steam-turbines above .. for max. output from fluid-flow turbines should be better, but especially hot-air looses fast speed so no long ways useful possible.
If Laika-gate recipes gives net-zero return, then it's not much of a trade I think. It uses 5 MW of energy when active so it should offer a positive return, otherwise it is useless to build or keep it around. The current recipes offer fun builds. How often does one build an entire factory chain to automate steam generators? Usually never since you do not need them in bulk. So I would consider that the recipes are balance as they are, no tweaks needed, if anything, some recipes need buffing (one has a 0.5 unicomp return...I don't think anyone trade/barter with such ratio as that).

For the same space and energy usage, without using the Laika-gate or its recipes, I can net much more unicomp/min through the dirt method, but it is less fun.

Edit: With 0.11.10 out, Factorio refuses to start complaining that y-inserter-s4 has "wrong insert vector as it isn't in a safe distance from tile edge."
I fixed with the following changes. I also changed the minable result as it returned a long-handed insterter instead of the s4, which is annoying.

Code: Select all

minable = {hardness = 0.2, mining_time = 0.5, result = "y-inserter-s4"}
pickup_position = {0, -1},
insert_position = {0, 4.2},
I also revert all of the charge and discharge cooldown on all of the Yuoki accumulators to the vanilla values. For whatever reasons, your modified values make them not as responsive to electrical network demand as the vanilla basic accumulator.

A more serious problem has occurred with SFE, FFE, and FHE engines, they are making fluid with default_temperature instead of the right temperature. The stirling and EAH engines are not affected...I fail to see why.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Fatmice wrote: If Laika-gate recipes gives net-zero return, then it's not much of a trade I think. It uses 5 MW of energy when active so it should offer a positive return, otherwise it is useless to build or keep it around. The current recipes offer fun builds. How often does one build an entire factory chain to automate steam generators? Usually never since you do not need them in bulk. So I would consider that the recipes are balance as they are, no tweaks needed, if anything, some recipes need buffing (one has a 0.5 unicomp return...I don't think anyone trade/barter with such ratio as that).

For the same space and energy usage, without using the Laika-gate or its recipes, I can net much more unicomp/min through the dirt method, but it is less fun.

Edit: With 0.11.10 out, Factorio refuses to start complaining that y-inserter-s4 has "wrong insert vector as it isn't in a safe distance from tile edge."
I fixed with the following changes. I also changed the minable result as it returned a long-handed insterter instead of the s4, which is annoying.

I also revert all of the charge and discharge cooldown on all of the Yuoki accumulators to the vanilla values. For whatever reasons, your modified values make them not as responsive to electrical network demand as the vanilla basic accumulator.
- stargate-recipes are more to sell old machines (if you wish to newbies if it was a mmorpg)
- i have changed the inserter to +5, but if 4.2 works, it's also okay. breaking to long-standard is intended, side-inserter-mod use the same behavior and building a new long is done in zero time, and you don't get confused about different inserters in your inventory.
- charge/discharge - bad news - so i take your changes and all back to vanilla-cooldowns.
- if replace the engines not help - then i can't help at the moment

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

YuokiTani wrote:- if replace the engines not help - then i can't help at the moment
The SFE, FFE, and FHE uses the same code as the sterling and EAH to make its hot fluid...so I don't understand why the game is not registering the placement of those engines. Hitbox issues?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.20 (11.10)

Post by YuokiTani »

Fatmice wrote:
YuokiTani wrote:- if replace the engines not help - then i can't help at the moment
The SFE, FFE, and FHE uses the same code as the sterling and EAH to make its hot fluid...so I don't understand why the game is not registering the placement of those engines. Hitbox issues?
i think not, it's the same thing that recipes in first version not work. some internal little change to something. maybe fluid-recipes wrong, maybe heat-capacity-cap now hardcoded and capped, output-limits whatever ... who knows ... working things turn from factorio-version to not work in next - so best time to chancel this and don't waste more time.

last experimental build with only working hot-air-engines ... yi-engines 0.0.5

i suggest - don't waste your time and try get the other engines running - simple forget this.

i'am happy if i can load my old savegames after a factorio-update - sometimes little things make happy.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries 0.2.20 (11.10)

Post by Fatmice »

Don't despair. I asked Liquius for help and he said it was the fluidbox. Here is the fix for the most recent version. I tested and it worked. You should double check all engines.
control.lua

Return to “Yuoki Industries”