Working on a mod with more pipes

Topics and discussion about specific mods
sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Working on a mod with more pipes

Post by sparr »

I'm working on a mod that allows more types of pipes. It's broken until 0.9.2 but here's a teaser screenshot:

Top is normal pipe to ground

Next is a long pipe to ground, which costs proportionally more

Then on the bottom there are two new things. The cross in the middle is a "pipe to ground tap", which always connects in all four directions above AND below ground. And to the south and west of it are the new one-tile mostly-underground pipes, which will be repeatable for unlimited distance, with the caveat that you can't build anything on top of them.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Working on a mod with more pipes

Post by slpwnd »

Actually, based on many demands from the players, for the 0.9.2 we will extend the pipe-to-ground to have the length of up to 10. There will be only 1 pipe to ground in the vanilla for now. So maybe having a shorter (and cheaper) version in the mod is also an option ...

Edit: Anyway we are not really sure if there should be more pipes or if one is enough, so great that you make a mod for that and maybe we get the feedback for the vanilla based on this.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

Thanks for the mod, great additions

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

If you're going to change the default from 5 to 10, consider changing it to 11-or-more? This would allow existing designs to just have every second pair of pipes be removed.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think the longer the underground pipe gets, the more confusing they are.

I have already problems with 5 :roll: and can show some situations, where you cannot distinct the pipes without alt-view. :?

I see that only as better-than-nothing solution, before a less confusing, more like "chemical plant looking" solution is found. :roll:
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

I don't find them confusing at all. I'm very happy to play with a mod that gives me unlimited length underground belts and pipes. Unfortunately the current price scheme makes that infeasible. That's why part of this pipe mod makes a one-tile underground pipe that can be repeated without coming above ground.

Return to “Mods”