[0.11.3+][kovarex] Train one name station

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Muchaszewski
Inserter
Inserter

[0.11.3+][kovarex] Train one name station

Post by Muchaszewski »

Trains choose stations with the same name unconstantly. If your station setup is placed left -> right trains will buged out and will stuck trying to get into first station.
On the other hand if your station setup is bottom -> top trains will perfectly get to the empty station.
I have hope that this isnt that i misunderstood something ;p
Tested at 11.5 as well, same issue. Version x64

https://mega.co.nz/#!1cVhACzL!3s1RxyfqR ... byadTwlUZY
Attachments
Waited 5min to get 2 trains at once, didnt happend ;/
Waited 5min to get 2 trains at once, didnt happend ;/
image 1.jpg (621.52 KiB) Viewed 4434 times
image 1.jpg
image 1.jpg (779.77 KiB) Viewed 4434 times
In game Lotny

Muchaszewski
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.11.3+]Train one name station

Post by Muchaszewski »

I manage to get it by myself but its definitly a bug.
Stations that are named "by hand" with one name are not counting as one, but like separate. To make this bug harder to detect they are displayed as once, because they have the same name in theory.
If you will make one station name, and change it to the same name with changename from the list function then it will be counted as one, so trains will be able to get into empty station.
Hope see this bug fixed soon beceause its a bit frustrating xD
In game Lotny

fregate84
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.3+]Train one name station

Post by fregate84 »

Be careful. If you have 3 stop : stop1 -> stop2 and stop3, and stop 3 have 2 'Platform'. The choice of 'Platform' 1 or Platform 2 is done on stop2. NOT on last moment. But when the train leave stop2. And train choose thePlatform1 (the Platform closest) if no train are on Platform1 on the moment of departure on stop2. so sometime you have 2 or 3 train who want go to Platform1.

On your save game, you have also some light train who are not well place/not working (light who mote to red->orange->green themselse).

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.3+][kovarex] Train one name station

Post by kovarex »

I played with the save to understand the problem.

When I was on it, I also added the copy paste function to work on locomotives (copy of schedule) and train stations (copy of name).

Anyway, the problem in your setup has nothing to do with the horizontal/vertical setup configuration, the problem is the one input signal.
The signal is exactly on the junction and the train is looking only one step ahead when trying to avoid red lights, so right after the crossroad it is already on the wrong path.
When I rebuilt your station one rail down, so the signal could be put before the junction, it worked fine.

I made a change, that the train is looking two steps ahead and it fixed the situation.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think this fixes the error with the train station, but will make the situation with the stupid re-routing of trains massively.

See https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=4834
Expecially https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 834#p37808
Edit: And also https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=7346

In my opinion this needs as a minimum to check, if the new found path is much longer, than the current, before it takes another route. I think comparing the number of segments should be enough. This would fix the problem.

An intelligent way would be to measure the total waiting time of trains before signals and if that rises, the algorithm is allowed to take longer and longer paths.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”