[0.10.2][Oxyd] chests asking too much drives bots mad

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.10.2][Oxyd] chests asking too much drives bots mad

Post by jeroon »

If you set the filter on a Requester Chest to more than it can store (ask for 4k ore, where it can only store 2.4k) and as it reaches max capacity, all available bots will try to put more in, fail, and put everything they carry in a Storage Chest. Then for a while nothing happens, until one stack of the ore from the Requester Chest gets emptied a bit by a Smelter, and the process repeats itself.

Save. There are 100 bots bringing ore to the Requester Chest, fail, then for a while nothing happens, and then they all come again.

With the new stack sizes, maybe the requester sizes should be changed as well, increase with 100 instead of 1000?

carkasjak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.10.2] requester chest asking too much drives bots mad

Post by carkasjak »

jeroon wrote:If you set the filter on a Requester Chest to more than it can store (ask for 4k ore, where it can only store 2.4k) and as it reaches max capacity, all available bots will try to put more in, fail, and put everything they carry in a Storage Chest. Then for a while nothing happens, until one stack of the ore from the Requester Chest gets emptied a bit by a Smelter, and the process repeats itself.

Save. There are 100 bots bringing ore to the Requester Chest, fail, then for a while nothing happens, and then they all come again.

With the new stack sizes, maybe the requester sizes should be changed as well, increase with 100 instead of 1000?
I've had this issue as well. I think it would make more sense to limit the maximum request to the same amount as the maximum capacity of requester chests.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Sorry for the necro, but this is still true with [0.11.15]. I have the problem when I limit a requester chest's capacity with the red cross to lower than what requested items would need.
Here is a screenshot, and the revelant savegame. I have surrounded the requester chest.
Factorio requester should not ask for more than capacity.JPG
Factorio requester should not ask for more than capacity.JPG (154.27 KiB) Viewed 4595 times
I think a requester should not request for more than it can handle at a given point.
Attachments
Partie_9.zip
(5.79 MiB) Downloaded 197 times
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

hmm I've seen a few people asking how to gather their bots together in one place this seems like a good way of doing it if I interpret that screenshot correctly.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Not really : they spend all their time going back and forth between the requester chest and the surrouding roboports to recharge. Thus, they don't stop moving, and are not particularly easy to pick-up.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.10.2][Oxyd] chests asking too much drives bots mad

Post by Oxyd »

Should be fixed in 0.12.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”