[0.12.0] Turret change imballance.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.12.0] Turret change imballance.

Post by bobingabout »

Digging through code to update my mods. (I could probably have found this by looking at the stats in game anyway.)

Laser turret had its size multiplied by 4 (from 1x1 to 2x2) and as such had its Cost, Damage output and Health multiplied by 4 too.
Gun turret had its size multiplied by 2 (From 1x2 to 2x2) and as such had its Cost and Damage output multiplied by 2 too. It did NOT have it's health increased.

You should increase the health of the gun turret from 200 to 400 to complete the change.

Alternatively, you could reballance the health of the two turrets, by increasing the health of the gun turret even further, reducing the health of the laser turret or a mix of both.

Just for a comparison, the difference in health of the laser turret used to be 200 vs 250, thats +25%
As it is currently 200 vs 1000, thats +400% (5 times)
And with the doubled health on the gun turret, would be 400 vs 1000 , thats +150%(2.5 times)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.12.0] Turret change imballance.

Post by Oxyd »

Oh, dangit, did I really forget to change the gun turret's health? I'll fix it.

Turret rebalancing and combat in general is a larger topic that we want to properly focus on in the future versions. For now, the turrets should be pretty much the same as they were in 0.11, except bigger.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.0] Turret change imballance.

Post by bobingabout »

No worries, at least double brings it closer to being ballanced.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”