Version 0.9.1

Information about releases and roadmap.
slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.9.1

Post by slpwnd »

Hello,

the 0.9.1 has been released as an experimental version. There are plenty of bugfixes in the release but still there remain three pages of bug reports in the bug subforum. So this release is not aiming to be the stable version, rather to fix the biggest reported problems from the 0.9.0.

The hotfix mod
There are two bugs in the 0.9.1 that can make the game pretty much unplayable for some people. These are: the fast and express underground belts are not working properly(https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=2511), the crude oil barrels cannot be emptied(https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=2484). These will be fixed for the 0.9.2 however since they both can be fixed by changing the factorio data files we have made a small hotfix that solves the issue for now. However this hotfix doesn't solve the bug when transport belts to ground can be built one on top of each other (and so they get blocked as well).

The hotfix can be downloaded from here: http://bit.ly/MPExrq It is basically a tiny factorio mod so just copy the zip file to your mods directory and you should be good to go.
  • Known issues
    • Existing saves might take a while (10-30 seconds) to load depending on the size. This is because of the adding-new-doodads migration.
    • Basic campaign and scenario pack are still broken.
  • Features:
    • Tooltip with info of the armor equipment.
    • Capsules can be used in god mode now.
  • Bugfixes:
    • Fixed bug when blueprint in the second quickbar would corrupt the save (already corrupted saves can be loaded again).
    • Fixed bug where unloadable save was made when blueprint containing roboport/armor was as item on ground/held by inserter.
    • Fixed save loading bug when oil refinery/chemical plant with reset recipe was saved.
    • Fixed bug with stuck inserter when putting sulfur into chemical plant producing sulfur acid in some cases.
    • Structures now get repaired even when they are in the bigger (construction) distance from roboport.
    • Fixed that the alert icons weren't visible after resize in some cases.
    • Fixed that steam engine rotation was wrong in rotated blueprint.
    • Fixed double info in item tooltip.
    • Oil processing shows oil-refinery in "made in".
    • Fixed the burner inserter/locomotive energy consumption.
    • Fluid input to chemical plant/refinery is limited to twice the amount in the recipe.
    • Chemical plant and oil refinery accept modules.
    • Fixed bugs in the automatic connection of rolling stock when being built.
    • Updated migration to enable explosives recipe when explosives are researched.
    • Fixed bug in assembling machine fast replace.
    • Fluid inputs for chemical plant/oil refinery are now saved properly.
    • Requester chest now starts working as expected after settings (filters) are copied.
    • Logistic condition is now copied as well for smart inserter.
    • Assembling recipe machine tooltip takes fluid amounts into consideration.
    • Fixed not visible recipes when item groups are turned off (Forced in the tutorial campaign).
    • Fixed leftovers of enemies on the map when they were moving.
    • Fixed crash when wrong settiles command arguments were given.
    • Fixed stuck construction robots with cargo to be returned.
    • Fixed that some of the productivity modules had x.9 values instead of x+1
    • Fixed, that the storage tank connection to pipe wasn't refreshed when it was rotated.
    • Fixed that canceling crafting didn't reset the crafting time spent.
    • Show energy consumption for the exoskeleton and night vision equipment in the tooltip.
    • Show dimensions of equipment in the tooltip.
    • Fixed the help message to open armor to be connected with the correct control (split stack).
    • Fixed crash when generating map under some circumstances.
    • Updated the map generation gui to be more responsive to water settings.
    • Fixed crash when throwing capsules in the God mode.
    • Fixed crash when technology window is displayed over logistic condition window.
    • Config file is saved as early as possible to avoid problems with switching to low graphics mode.
  • Changes:
    • Merged the second quickbar (researched by toolbelt) with the main quickbar (now it has 2 rows).
      The keyboard shortcuts apply to the top row. Rows can be rotated by a button or keyboard shortcut (default X).
    • Fixed transport belt to ground collision boxes, so they are more inserter friendly. It is even possible to insert into it.
    • Less controls in the new game dialog.
    • One of the two connected pipes to ground next to each other shows icon of fluid inside.
    • Very small quantities of fluid can be pushed away / destroyed by another fluid in the neighboring pipe.
      This helps for instance in situations with tiny fluid leftovers after pumping.
    • More doodads in the maps.
    • Finished crafing sound (tsss) is played only when a full non-intermediate recipe stack finishes crafting.
  • Balancing:
    • Merged oil gathering and oil processing into one technology.
    • Barrel costs just 1 steel plate instead of 2 and can hold 25 litres of crude oil.
    • Added cracking recipes (heavy oil to light oil and light oil to petroleum gas).
    • Storage tank has 2.5 times bigger capacity (2500 litres) and takes longer to mine.
    • Increased basic-grenade splash area by 30%.
    • Smaller probabilities for spawning big worms close to the starting area.
    • Slightly more coal is generated.
Downloadable at https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental as usual, or by automatic updater as long as you have checked to download experimental releases.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.9.1

Post by ficolas »

I think im the first one to update...
I was launching lots of times factorio to test colision/selection boxes and... factorio update! :3
Also you didnt make this an announcement.

Pd: Double hotbar looks weird... Maybe I just need to get used to it tho

Balinor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Balinor »

Awesome stuff. Thanks guys.

Xerath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xerath »

Can't wait to dig into oil when I get home! Will have to look around for some tips on oil :) thanks devs!

Calico
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Calico »

Very nice. Seeya all monday evening! :lol:

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

thanks for the update, will try and break it as fast as I can ;)

There, I broke it! Automatic updater crashes the game :) Will try to download it manually now, and do a fresh "install"

(After 3 tries it did update automaticly anyway.. weird :) )

Coolthulhu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Coolthulhu »

All that bugfix log
I will break my personal rule not to use emotes unironically: :o
It was only a week since 0.9 and it's probably in the top 3 of the biggest changelogs for this game.

Marqee
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Marqee »

Very nice And fast update.

I found an istant bug.

The barrel to oil conversion is not working.
the chemichal plant is not giving any output neither the fluid neither the empty barrel.

Finndibaenn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Finndibaenn »

Hi

I love the game :)

I just updated from 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 and factorio now crashes on startup with a boost::filesystem::remove:Acc error.

edit : it may be related with the scenario pack 0.7.5 which was installed at the same time. I renamed the AppData\Roaming\Factorio and i can now start the game properly

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

LOVE the changelog. This game keeps getting better and better!!! Thanks Devs!!! You rock!!!!!!!
Keep fixing stuff and doing great work, we'll keep breking it and giving you more work XD

FrozenOne
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FrozenOne »

I gotten a crash on first attempt to load 0.9 save, but second time it worked, so if anyone has the same, try again.

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

Marqee wrote:Very nice And fast update.

I found an istant bug.

The barrel to oil conversion is not working.
the chemichal plant is not giving any output neither the fluid neither the empty barrel.

can confirm this! :cry: :cry:

MaxStrategy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MaxStrategy »

The development of Factorio is fantastic! I think you should really get it on proper Greenlight so we can vote it in for an Early Access release! Then you get two big Steam releases, the early access one and the 1.0 release which will grab a ton of publicity!

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Updated the OP with the link to hotfix mod that temporarily fixes the bugs with blocked underground belts and unloading crude oil barrel.

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zourin »

Hrm..

This looks a lot like my Christmas list.. time to put down Banished and pick up Factorio for my weekend.

Less big worms, 1 steel barrels..

Madara Uchiha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Madara Uchiha »

Wow this is intense. Interweaving my tightly packed factory with the rather bloated liquid processing factory would be a real challenge. Can't wait to see what people come up with :D

MaxStrategy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MaxStrategy »

Zourin wrote:Hrm..

This looks a lot like my Christmas list.. time to put down Banished and pick up Factorio for my weekend.

Heh I've been playing both games and both development teams really impress me! Banished has issues but their 'team' is only one person which is pretty damn impressive. Factorio gets better every patch and its amazing looking back at old footage from just a few patches ago and seeing how far the game has come.

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

MaxStrategy wrote:
Zourin wrote:Hrm..

Heh I've been playing both games and both development teams really impress me! Banished has issues but their 'team' is only one person which is pretty damn impressive. Factorio gets better every patch and its amazing looking back at old footage from just a few patches ago and seeing how far the game has come.
True, this team is awesome, but I really CANT BELIEVE Banished is a 1 man project. It's sooo well polished! :)
Although 2 different tipes of games, really.
But Factorio is still my 1st choice at the moment :)

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Sedado77 wrote: True, this team is awesome, but I really CANT BELIEVE Banished is a 1 man project. It's sooo well polished! :)
I haven't played Banished yet. But from what I have seen in the videos that guy has done some fantastic work. It certainly feels more like an AAA game than a 1 man project. I think we have plenty to learn :D

Shirow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shirow »

The dev of Banished has mentioned he's been working in the professional game development industry for many years in a handful of roles.
It sounds like he's coming from a perspective of heavy experience. It shows.

Return to “Releases”