Version 0.11.10

Information about releases and roadmap.
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.10

Post by bobingabout »

okay, if you've done these changes to inserters force mods to update inserters, what values should we use to make inserters put items on the near side of the belt?

Take a look at the base mode.

The values were 0.86, 0.14 (distant, near side of the belt).
Now these are 0.7, 0.3

EDIT: that was an edit, not a reply. I've done that myself before in my subforum :lol:

anyway, the numbers that seem to be causing the problem for me were with "insert_position" were 1.35 in the old base mod, and changed to 1.2, so I've been changing them to 1.2 and 0.8 and the game seems to be accepting it, I havn't tried them out yet though.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

I have the same problem as Bob, how can i correct it?

EDIT: now i tried to put the same values and now work.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

McGuten wrote:EDIT: now i tried to put the same values and now work.
thats why I shared :3
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

that hotfix is just in time! Good job

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

bobingabout wrote:okay, if you've done these changes to inserters force mods to update inserters, what values should we use to make inserters put items on the near side of the belt?

Take a look at the base mode.

The values were 0.86, 0.14 (distant, near side of the belt).
Now these are 0.7, 0.3

EDIT: that was an edit, not a reply. I've done that myself before in my subforum :lol:

anyway, the numbers that seem to be causing the problem for me were with "insert_position" were 1.35 in the old base mod, and changed to 1.2, so I've been changing them to 1.2 and 0.8 and the game seems to be accepting it, I havn't tried them out yet though.
Oups, sorry :)

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

Continued the MP .8 game we've been doing and first autosave that happened froze the game. We waited a bit, no help, so when I as host hit 'quit game' the other player's client crashed to desktop. I'm looking for any sort of log file I might be able to upload as a full bug report.

bnvy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bnvy »

Not certain of this, but it looks to me like there may be excessive delay in waking up inserters (related to the recent optimization).

I'm looking at the green circuit assembler on the left. It had stalled when I took the screenshot. As you can see, output is not blocked and the assembler only has two completed (of the four it can hold) at this time. It has plenty of wire, but zero iron plates, despite an abundance available to it. The inserters just aren't picking it up.

It's the "stutter" effect where it briefly goes silent, normally because it can't get inputs or unload output. It varies, but seems to do 10-20 smoothly before taking a little break, each of which lasts more than half a second, probably closer to a full second. I tried separately removing either the speed or productivity module, and it didn't seem to make a difference.

On a positive note, this release seems to have eliminated the problem where picking up things like walls and belts sometimes becomes very slow. I'd be picking up a line of belts and the usual rapid pace, and then for no discernible reason they would suddenly start taking more than twice as long. Never figured out a pattern, often went away after saving/reloading, but it was quite frustrating. Have several hours on this release now without seeing it once. Nice.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

bnvy wrote:It's the "stutter" effect where it briefly goes silent, normally because it can't get inputs or unload output. It varies, but seems to do 10-20 smoothly before taking a little break, each of which lasts more than half a second, probably closer to a full second. I tried separately removing either the speed or productivity module, and it didn't seem to make a difference.
This is caused by not enough output inserters. Input inserters stall when the output stack is >= 2 (for single-item recipes).

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Are extra low graphics icons fixed?

Tested, still no fix for icons, how can one see what that thing is supposed to be when there are only few pixels. Other things have normal icons but like 50% have complete pixel garbage displayed.

bnvy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bnvy »

DaveMcW wrote: This is caused by not enough output inserters. Input inserters stall when the output stack is >= 2 (for single-item recipes).
I stand corrected. You can see the space where I had a second one at first, and replacing it makes it run smoothly. Thanks for the clarification, good to know.

Edit: It appears I was mistaken about this as well:
bnvy wrote: On a positive note, this release seems to have eliminated the problem where picking up things like walls and belts sometimes becomes very slow. I'd be picking up a line of belts and the usual rapid pace, and then for no discernible reason they would suddenly start taking more than twice as long. Never figured out a pattern, often went away after saving/reloading, but it was quite frustrating. Have several hours on this release now without seeing it once. Nice.
Still happens. Playing with it a bit more, it's about as if I changed manualminingspeedmodifier by a factor of 10, i.e. it takes about 5 seconds to pick up a wall instead of half a sec, though before and after the value displays as zero (wiki says default should be 1?). Hard to believe no one else experiences this, but searching turns up nothing. I'll be starting a new game shortly, and will file a bug report if I can capture saves before and after the first occurrence.

jakobeng1303
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jakobeng1303 »

where do I have to change those values (mac)

BrinCaspian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BrinCaspian »

jakobeng1303 wrote:where do I have to change those values (mac)
I just downgraded to 11.9 until the actual mods are fixed. i wasn't experiencing any problems with that build on the Mac.

jakobeng1303
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jakobeng1303 »

Ok. Then I'll do so as well

generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by generalmek »

interesting for what need multiplayer if players cant find team for playing?

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

generalmek wrote:interesting for what need multiplayer if players cant find team for playing?
Guide for finding ppl for MP:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =53&t=7714

We have about 10-20 ppl, who play MP on daily basis.

HulkingUnicorn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HulkingUnicorn »

generalmek wrote:interesting for what need multiplayer if players cant find team for playing?
What exactly do you mean? That you can't find someone else to play with? That you can't form groups/teams/clans for PvP? That multiplayer is pointless without dedicated servers/public lobbies?

Addressed in order:
  • Play with friends or find others who look for someone to play with in forums etc.
  • Play PvE for now or use unofficial teams and your own rules (probably precludes automated defences). The game is under development and we can't expect all aspects of multiplayer (nor all other elements of the game) to be implemented and fully functioning. Keep in mind that the multiplayer is a fairly recent addition to the game; I'd expect such features to be added, though I don't recall seeing details of the planned multiplayer features in the roadmap. Perhaps you should make a separate topic to request such features if one doesn't already exist (please search first).
  • I'd at least expect a way for players to host their own servers and announce client hosted games to a master server to be added eventually. The lack of a server/hosted game browser doesn't in any way prevent you from organising sessions with others.
Disregard due to ninja-ing:
I haven't tried multiplayer myself, but people seem to cope playing cooperatively for now (bar the bugs the developers are squashing).

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Very frequent crashes with loading save where i crafting items in hands when i saving game
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

aklesey1 wrote:Very frequent crashes with loading save where i crafting items in hands when i saving game
Please make an official bug report with specs and steps to reproduce the bug.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

aklesey1 wrote:Very frequent crashes with loading save where i crafting items in hands when i saving game
That seems like a handy clue.
I just tried to save the game while crafting many times and I didn't encounter any problem.

Does it happen in singleplayer or multiplayer or both?
Could you provide the corrupted save?

Edit: Is it manual saving or autosave, or both?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

FishSandwich wrote:
Please make an official bug report with specs and steps to reproduce the bug.
That would be best :)

Return to “Releases”