[0.11.22] Crash on my laptop (running with mods, even disabled, on a 32bit ZIP install)

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.11.22] Crash on my laptop (running with mods, even disabled, on a 32bit ZIP install)

Post by jockeril »

Sorry, @kovarex, the 0.11.22 crashes on my laptop, all the time. I'm not using any mods but my locale mod and it's just the core & base .cfg hebrew files with the hebrew text inverted, as per my posting about the matter (so not really relevant to this issue) (edit - or so I thought)

The laptop is running windows 7 32bit, 4 Gb ram and has a dedicated Nvidia quadro graphics card with dedicated memory.

here is the last log:
factorio-current.log
(1.86 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Updates on testing progress:
  • Update 1: The same crash happens on my other factorio install on my laptop (the one without mods. edit - or so I thought, it seams the mod was there but disabled, which caused the same crash),

Update 2: The same save game does not cause a crash on my desktop machine, which leads me to think it's hardware related. My desktop runs windows 7 64bit with 16Gb ram and a Gigabyte nVidia GTX 560 Ti 1Gb ram

Update 3: today I tried something new - I removed the hebrew-inversion-text mod (that I mentioned) from the "other" factorio install (the one meant to play in english. yes, it seems i have the mod there but disabled) and the result is a running game :o

This is confusing me - the "mod" is just the strings in base.cfg & core.cfg (see the first link in my signature) with the hebrew text inverted - those same files exist in the locale folder of every install you make and every .zip you extract - of the Factorio game ! - what is the problem :?: :?

so if the "mod" is the cause of the problem - the question is why and how to fix it ? so I decided to include it as is, with the warning that it causes a crash even when disabled and not used

15/7/2015 - Update 4: on my desktop the mod does not crash the game. The difference is that on the desktop the game was installed, so the mods folder is a re-direction to the %appdata%\factorio\mods folder. On my laptop I used the .zip version of the game which has the mods folder located in the same folder as the game - this could cause some errors to popup... I found this after trying another mod for hebrew inversion created/suggested by @dev-il in my RTL thread - that mod also crashes the game - on the loading screen !

18/7/2015 - Update 5: On my desktop, testing the ZIP 64bit version - had no crashes, I suspect the error is a 32bit ZIP version only. next testing the 32bit install version on the laptop revealed that the problem isn't there either... I beginning to think I have a faulty ZIP install and I made a post for nothing... :( I will update more soon
the save also included
Attachments
_autosave1.zip
just a test game - not really needed it seams
(2.38 MiB) Downloaded 173 times
Last edited by jockeril on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] Crash on my laptop

Post by Dev-iL »

Code: Select all

C:/games\factorio 11-22 - hebrew\saves\_autosave1.zip
The inverted slash there looks very problematic....
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] Crash on my laptop

Post by jockeril »

Dev-iL wrote:

Code: Select all

C:/games\factorio 11-22 - hebrew\saves\_autosave1.zip
The inverted slash there looks very problematic....
I don't know where that string came from but it's not related to the subject - the save does not create (or re-creates) the problem, only the "mod" I made, even if it's not enabled...

Edit: ok, I know where you found it - the log file, but all path strings have the right slash instead of a backslash... look at your own log of the game, if your on windows (could also be like that on linux/mac)

My mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- and steam !

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] Crash on my laptop (running with mods, even disabled, on a 32bit ZIP install)

Post by jockeril »

So...

This is Embarrassing :oops: - this whole thread is a waste of space. After some testing and troubleshooting, I've narrowed it down to my ZIP install of 0.11.22 that is causing the crash for some unknown reason - replacing it with a new fresh ZIP install (though retaining the config.ini file) has not repeated the crashing with mods.

My mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- and steam !

Return to “Pending”