[1.1.92] Chest limit button press does not work inconsistently

Bugs that are actually features.
test447
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.92] Chest limit button press does not work inconsistently

Post by test447 »

When pressing the "Limit part of the inventory so it cannot be filled by machines." button, it will sometimes not work. I.e. the button is pressed, I hear the sound for the button press, but the red boxes for actually limiting the inventory do not appear.

# Describe the problem as best as you can
1. What did I do? Press the button and then quickly move my mouse to the top left.
2. The sound for the button being pressed played, but the button did not stay pressed, nor did the red boxes for limiting the inventory appear.
3. The button should have stayed pressed, and the red boxes for limiting the inventory should have appeared.
4. The issue consistently does not happen if I keep my mouse over the top of the button for a couple frames after pressing it. If I try to move my mouse to the top left as quickly as possible after pressing the button, the issue occurs only sometimes. I know that it is not an issue of me misclicking because the sound for pressing the button is played.
5. Make a new map. Open /editor. Place a passive provider chest. Open the passive provider chest. Click the red button with the "Limit part of the inventory so it cannot be filled by machines." tooltip and then immediately try to move the mouse away from the button (I moved to up/left since I want to move my mouse to the position where I want the limit to be). You will know the issue occurred if the sound for pressing the button plays but the button does not stay pressed nor do the red boxes for the limit show up.

# Video of the issue is attached! (done on a map with no mods loaded just created following the steps from 5)
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(9.04 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Factorio 1.1.92 2023-10-15 16-35-44.mp4
(20.87 MiB) Downloaded 25 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.92] Chest limit button press does not work inconsistently

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that is working correctly. The button reacts to the mouse being released not the mouse being pressed. If you move the mouse off the button before releasing it, it will not perform the logic.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

test447
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.92] Chest limit button press does not work inconsistently

Post by test447 »

I see. Thank you.

Return to “Not a bug”