Logistics Chests Priorities

Bugs that are actually features.
DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Logistics Chests Priorities

Post by DevilXD »

I'm new here and English isn't my native language, so...

Hi, I've started playing a month ago, and I've really enjoyed the game. It AWESOME how I can automate EVERYTHING in the game :) But, anyway, back on topic...
I've recently started playing with Logistics Robots... I've looked up the wiki, to see how they are doing the stuff, and I found this: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... priorities

I've noticed that my Logistics Robots are using this priorities:
- Active Provider Chest
- Passive Provider Chest
- Storage Chest

..., instead of that listed on the wiki:
- Active Provider Chest
- Storage Chest
- Passive Provider Chest

What is the right order ? I've actually have problem with stuff lying in the Storage Chests, because bots are preferring to pickup items from passives, instead of storage... (that items went into storage, because I've exited the range of the Roboport, before bots reached me, so they stored stuff in storage chests... and looks like those items will be lying there FOREVER)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Logistics Chests Priorities

Post by kovarex »

Are you sure you are playing the 0.10 version?

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pyrolytic_tungsten »

What version of Factorio are you running? The 0.9.8 stable release should work the way you describe. The 0.10.x branch hasn't yet shifted to be the new stable version but it should happen soon.

On 0.10.11 logistic robots would rather grab stuff I'm requesting from a storage chest a few hundred tiles away rather than from the passive provider chest a handful of tiles away.

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

I should have 0.10.10 version... I will make sure when I'll be at home... And I will make a screenshot of my base to better explain my problem...

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

So, I was correct, I have 0.10.10 version of the game:
game_version.png
game_version.png (704.5 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
..., and my base looks like this:
base.png
base.png (999.26 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
I've had this issue in 0.10.7/8 already (items in storage chests not used at all), and it still exist... I will try test exiting the range and see, if bot are taking from the storage or passive provider chests...

EDIT: I noticed something - they ARE taking items from storage chests, but they are doing it weirdly - sometimes they go to the storage, sometimes to the passives... I'm confused now...

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

Ok, so, after watching it a bit, it seems that bots ARE taking items from the storage chests, but is soooo slow, and I was thinking that they were not taking them... Sorry for the effort...

Return to “Not a bug”