[Kovarex] [0.16.3] Toggle Lua Console issues MR

Bugs that are actually features.
Justderpingalong
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Kovarex] [0.16.3] Toggle Lua Console issues MR

Post by Justderpingalong »

So, after a long time of doing things manually I started playing factorio again, and hopped onto a multiplayer server to check out all the new magical things. So I open the chatlog with SLASH, try pressing SLASH again to input a command and it closes my chatlog again. Now I don't know if this was intended, but it sure is annoying, as now I either have to bind the toggle Lua Console button to something different, or be unable to put in commands. Before pressing SLASH only opened the Lua, and pressing ENTER would close it. But now SLASH takes over the function of ENTER, something I think isn't needed.

EDIT: Added in the subject that I'm using steam and not the standalone, just to be that bit more specific.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.16.3] Toggle Lua Console shenanigans!

Post by Loewchen »

Before pressing SLASH only opened the Lua, and pressing ENTER would close it. But now SLASH takes over the function of ENTER
Does Enter close the console with sending the message or without?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.3] Toggle Lua Console shenanigans!

Post by Rseding91 »

Kovarex changed the console so it doesn't let you type the key that's bound to open it in 0.16. So if you bind it to F it will open and close the console but you can't type it in the console.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Kovarex] [0.16.3] Toggle Lua Console shenanigans!

Post by Loewchen »

I believe this has been changed again for enter at least: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=54616

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

And how would you expect the toggle to work? How could you close the console otherwise without confirming? Or would you like to have a different key to open and different to close? That sounds kind of weird.
My proposition is to setup the key to something you don't use to write commands (like the default ~)

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

On German keyboards the default is ö, which is rather unfortunate since you actually need it in German but you cant use it. I personally prefer the old way where I could use ö to open and esc or enter to close.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Justderpingalong
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Well, ENTER closes the console, and I believe the button used to toggle used to only open the console. I believe it closes without a message aswell, will test tomorrow as my computer doesn't want to open factorio at the moment, it's kind of old...

Justderpingalong
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Just went into a game to test, and yes, ENTER will close the Lua Console even when it's empty. So I suggest to either allow players to choose whether the open Lua Console button will open it or toggle it, or just revert it back to what it was, which was SLASH opens, ENTER closes.

GottZ
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Kovarex] [0.16.3] Toggle Lua Console issues MR

Post by GottZ »

hey there. same problem with backspace. if you set backspace as console key it will work fine in 0.15 but will close in 0.16
ImageImage

Futrax
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Kovarex] [0.16.3] Toggle Lua Console issues MR

Post by Futrax »

I have this same "ø" problem, worked well in 0,15

GottZ
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GottZ »

kovarex wrote:And how would you expect the toggle to work? How could you close the console otherwise without confirming? Or would you like to have a different key to open and different to close? That sounds kind of weird.
My proposition is to setup the key to something you don't use to write commands (like the default ~)
on the german keyboard thats a so called dead key. ^ it will append to the first character typed in console. either like: â or ^d
before, you could close it by just pressing escape or hitting enter.
ImageImage

Return to “Not a bug”