[0.13.15] [Pending] Destruction alerts lagging behind badly

Bugs that are actually features.
Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.13.15] [Pending] Destruction alerts lagging behind badly

Post by Boogieman14 »

Playing an unmodded game, biters come to take a bite out of a mining outpost. First alert sounds, I run over, whack the attackers, personal roboport bots fix everything that was blown up. Some seconds later (haven't timed, but guestimating it at 20-30 seconds) the alert sounds again reporting stuff that was blown up but has already been fixed. This seems to me to be bad for two reasons: the alerts about stuff blowing up seem to come in very late, and unnecessary alerts come in later.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.15] Destruction alerts lagging behind badly

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

Do you have a save game where this is easily reproducible?

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.13.15] [Pending] Destruction alerts lagging behind badly

Post by Boogieman14 »

Yep, savegame attached. Load it up. Mining outpost slightly to the west is already under attack, so you can notice how long it takes for an alert to come in. Deploy some destroyer caps and run in to clear the attackers, then sit around and you can see how long after clearing the attack the alerts still sound. And after this attack has been repelled, just sit around for a few minutes and a new attack will happen in the same spot.
Attachments
alert-delay.zip
(11.82 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.13.15] [Pending] Destruction alerts lagging behind badly

Post by Kirk »

I came to report this bug in 14.9 but it looks like it was already reported.

I'm not sure about the first alert being slow because I don't pay enough attention to that, but after I deal with the biters and fix everything it produces one more (audible) alert despite nothing having been attacked anymore for a while.

Return to “Not a bug”