[0.11.x] Y.Petremann's mods (6 mods)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] Y.Petremann's mods (6 mods)

Post by y.petremann »

I've added the visual help mod that permit to show things to other players by placing arrows on the terrain without having to say "look at the things bellow me"

Nafen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nafen »

y.petremann wrote:
Nafen wrote:I wonder with the no hand-mining, could you tie that to a research?
Hand-mining at the start of a game is useful to get things up and running faster, mining a few Stone to make more Drills and Furnaces, mining the first Coal to put into your Coal drill, etc.
But after you get things automated, hand-mining can just be a real pain. For example if you are removing buildings, belts or chopping down trees etc. over a resource deposit, it will get stuck trying to mine the resource tile below the thing you just removed, but if there was a research that disabled hand mining you wouldn't have the problem anymore.
I can tie it to a research but I made it to limit player actions so the player design factories that do stuff and not the player doing them, for this is a engineer, not a miner or a craftsman.
I understand why you did it, like no hand-crafting it is another way to make the early game harder. But the reason I asked is because having it as a research would be a good idea for a quality of life mod. Not to change your no hand-mining mod, but to make a separate one which would fix the problem of your character mining ores when you didn't mean to.

Wyrm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wyrm »

Just a heads up, but you need to add some localization to your Creative Mode mod. See, it exposes the "fluid" subgroup in your crafting/inventory GUI, so you get that dorky message that some key is undefined when you hover over the new category. Adding the following to the appropriate locale folder seems to fix the problem:

Code: Select all

[item-group-name]
fluid = $Fluids
"$Fluids" can of course be replaced with whatever.

ErnieVanDyke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ErnieVanDyke »

Hi Petremann...

I'll downloaded your NoHandCrafting-Mod :D It looks nice, good job ;)

I'll tested it with Factorio 11.21. Without Mods it works fine, but with the mods I installed it doesn't work, get an error by startup:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nulqs5h63kro9 ... s.jpg?dl=0 (its a jpegfile, i don' have an imgur acc or else...sry)

in the simulation.lua file is a bad argument by a "pairs"-command.
hope this is helpfull ;)

Mods I used:
5-Dim-Core 0.0.2
5-Dim-Trains 0.0.6
AlienPlant 0.1.2
Beltblocker 1.0.0
all of Bobs
all of Dytech
DefaultRequestAmount 1.0.0
Evolution 1.0.4
Landfill 2.1.3
RailTanker 0.0.8
rso 1.1.1
Supreme Warfare 1.0.3
Tankwerkz 0.1.4
TimeDisplay 1.0.1
Treefarm lite & AC 0.1.5
Yi-engines 0.1.2
Yi-pfw 0.0.4
Yuoki 0.2.28

Greetings
Tom

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

ErnieVanDyke wrote:Hi Petremann...

I'll downloaded your NoHandCrafting-Mod :D It looks nice, good job ;)

I'll tested it with Factorio 11.21. Without Mods it works fine, but with the mods I installed it doesn't work, get an error by startup:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nulqs5h63kro9 ... s.jpg?dl=0 (its a jpegfile, i don' have an imgur acc or else...sry)

in the simulation.lua file is a bad argument by a "pairs"-command.
hope this is helpfull ;)

Mods I used:
5-Dim-Core 0.0.2
5-Dim-Trains 0.0.6
AlienPlant 0.1.2
Beltblocker 1.0.0
all of Bobs
all of Dytech
DefaultRequestAmount 1.0.0
Evolution 1.0.4
Landfill 2.1.3
RailTanker 0.0.8
rso 1.1.1
Supreme Warfare 1.0.3
Tankwerkz 0.1.4
TimeDisplay 1.0.1
Treefarm lite & AC 0.1.5
Yi-engines 0.1.2
Yi-pfw 0.0.4
Yuoki 0.2.28

Greetings
Tom
Thank to you I can make this new release that should correct your bug and would make my dump-data mod more complete (mainly to debug other mods):
No Hand Crafting (2.0.1) :
  • Removed:
    • Debug simulation

666JTK666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 666JTK666 »

hi ,
clicking on the link for the 2.0.1 only brings up the 2.0.0 file on mediafire.
is this right ? opening the downloaded zip it does not look like it's the 2.0.1 version.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

666JTK666 wrote:hi ,
clicking on the link for the 2.0.1 only brings up the 2.0.0 file on mediafire.
is this right ? opening the downloaded zip it does not look like it's the 2.0.1 version.
Sorry mediafire doesn't get me a correct link, this is now corrected.

Rax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rax »

Are 0.12 versions on the way? I personally love the Creative Mod, but I can live without it for some time.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Rax wrote:Are 0.12 versions on the way? I personally love the Creative Mod, but I can live without it for some time.
Here's a version I got working for 0.12.0 (Creative mode only).
It's a bit off. As far as I can tell everything works except the void chest. No errors, it just does nothing.

Beware, dragons; use at your own risk.

PS: This mod is a working void chest. (I just updated it as a working replacement for the one I couldn't fix in this mod.)
Attachments
creative-mode_1.5.0.zip
(782.55 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Rax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rax »

MasterBuilder wrote:
Rax wrote:Are 0.12 versions on the way? I personally love the Creative Mod, but I can live without it for some time.
It's a bit off. As far as I can tell everything works except the void chest. No errors, it just does nothing.

PS: This mod is a working void chest. (I just updated it as a working replacement for the one I couldn't fix in this mod.)
Works quite well.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

MasterBuilder wrote:

For now, i'm hardly working on a better version of creative mode which would have these changes :
  • Would use my new event api (would permit to register multiple functions for one type of event on one mod but also dynamically binding and unbinding functions to events and save this state in the savefile)
  • Creative chest and void chest would be combined to the "Creative transport belt/pipe to ground".
  • The actual creative chest would would be represented as an output transport belt/pipe to ground on which you could select item to output like now.
  • The actual void chest would be represented as an input transport belt/pipe to ground, which would log all items/liquids going through him.
  • If the new "creative chest" is connected to the new "void chest" like transport belt to ground, the "void chest" would output the item to the "creative chest" if the creative chest has empty settings.
  • They would no more directly put items inside container/machines.
  • A proper creative chest would be added which would always provide items in the given quantity to a radius of 1 tile, but would also delete items put in it
  • A modular armor addon would be added which would provide instantly things you request from player logistic slots and delete instantly things put in trash logistic slots, it would also add request slot.
  • Ghost would not disapear for a very long time.
  • And finaly many performance improvements would comes ...

Rax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rax »

y.petremann wrote:
MasterBuilder wrote:

For now, i'm hardly working on a better version of creative mode which would have these changes :
  • Would use my new event api (would permit to register multiple functions for one type of event on one mod but also dynamically binding and unbinding functions to events and save this state in the savefile)
  • Creative chest and void chest would be combined to the "Creative transport belt/pipe to ground".
  • The actual creative chest would would be represented as an output transport belt/pipe to ground on which you could select item to output like now.
  • The actual void chest would be represented as an input transport belt/pipe to ground, which would log all items/liquids going through him.
  • If the new "creative chest" is connected to the new "void chest" like transport belt to ground, the "void chest" would output the item to the "creative chest" if the creative chest has empty settings.
  • A proper creative chest would be added which would always provide items in the given quantity to a radius of 1 tile, but would also delete items put in it
  • A modular armor addon would be added which would provide instantly things you request from player logistic slots and delete instantly things put in trash logistic slots, it would also add request slot.
  • Ghost would not disapear for a very long time.
  • And finaly many performance improvements would comes ...
NICE

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

May I suggest again to split up the mods in to 6 threads then? :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

ssilk wrote:May I suggest again to split up the mods in to 6 threads then? :)
Yep now this is a good idea, but I think that I have some choices, since for me each mods complete with each other :
  1. Having a big mods forum subsection.
  2. Having a main thread for all mods and one thread for each mods
I don't know which one to choose.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I'm fine with one of these, but you need to choose. ;)

I would recommend so: You get a subboard under Gameplay/Vanilla+. Put all mods in there (look how others are doing that) and I will link the helper-mods from the helper-mods board.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Wyrm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wyrm »

y.petremann wrote:[*]They would no more directly put items inside container/machines.
Dude, that was useful! I use it to quickly fill source chests so I could benchmark my builds.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Wyrm wrote:
y.petremann wrote:
Dude, that was useful! I use it to quickly fill source chests so I could benchmark my builds.
y.petremann wrote:
The new creative chest would do it, would not have a directional restriction and would only insert in containers and machines, they would also be real chests you could use to quickly provide yourself tons of stuff and put in junk stuff. You could also put inserters between machine and chest.

The main idea is to not having a difference between source and sink and to not have problems of overfilled machines.

Wyrm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wyrm »

Your creative chest would be perfect for a quick-fill if I could quick-replace it with an ordinary chest and the ordinary chest would be completely filled with whatever the selected item is. The point is that the drawing-from is interrupted so I can see how fast the supplies are being consumed and how fast product is being produced averaged over an extended time. Hence benchmarking. A build can have good product flow but poor throughput, or be "pulse-y" — not have a consistent throughput, and are signs I need to concentrate on bettering the build.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Wyrm wrote:Your creative chest would be perfect for a quick-fill if I could quick-replace it with an ordinary chest and the ordinary chest would be completely filled with whatever the selected item is. The point is that the drawing-from is interrupted so I can see how fast the supplies are being consumed and how fast product is being produced averaged over an extended time. Hence benchmarking. A build can have good product flow but poor throughput, or be "pulse-y" — not have a consistent throughput, and are signs I need to concentrate on bettering the build.
You could quick-replace them.
But for factory benchmark, you should use the belts. Could you show me a factory where you need the chest ?

kwstoudt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kwstoudt »

Is there a 0.12.x version for Better Vehicle Control on the way?

Return to “Mods”