Cursed Exp - Main

Topics and discussion about specific mods
UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.20+] Cursed Exp - v0.2.7

Post by UberWaffe »

Really awesome mod, having lots of fun. :)

The code for calculating bonuses from skill levels seems to be dividing by the values specified in control.lua (resMining, resFarming, resCrafting, resExplore, resDefence)
This confused me, as I expected bigger values to be better (as for resGeneral).
Example from onplayercrafteditem.lua

Code: Select all

local cant = math.floor(stats.crafting.level / 100/datos.resCrafting)
The formulae divides, so this means the same as

(stats.crafting.level / 100) / datos.resCrafting
Should it not be

stats.crafting.level * datos.resCrafting / 100
?

The resGeneral bonus to experience is using multiply:
Example from onplayercrafteditem.lua

stats.crafting.exp = mix.round(stats.crafting.exp + ( cant * 0.1 * (1 + talents[1][7].now / 40 + stats.general.level*datos.resGeneral)),3)
In gui.lua the values are also multiplied, not divided, so currently the tooltips do not match the formulae?

Example from gui.lua

gui.tableStats4.add({ type="label", name="stat4c4", caption = {"gui.stat4c4",stats.crafting.level*datos.resCrafting}, style = "cursed-label" })
So currently

["resMining"] = 1,
["resFarming"] = 2,
["resCrafting"] = 0.4
Would mean a 100% bonus to mining at level 100, a 50% bonus to farming at level 100, and a 250% bonus to crafting at level 100, but the gui will show 100%, 200% and 40% for mining, farming and crafting tooltips.

I may be misunderstanding the code though.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

"res" vars are from the latest patchs, is only a multiplier of the bonus, for example, before resFarming was "x * 2 ", perfectly (is 100% of bonus every 50 lvls), but resCrafting was "x / 250 ", is the same than "x * 0.4"

I don't know what are i'm doing when i write this :lol:
Now are all with same format:

local cant = math.floor((stats.crafting.level * datos.resCrafting) / 100)
if math.random(100 / datos.resCrafting) <= stats.crafting.level - (cant * (100 / datos.resCrafting)) then
Please, don't see resExplore :oops:
now resExplore = 3.125 xD
But these changes are only on the code, isn't a change for the game.

resGeneral works differently, is a multiplier of the bonus of exp for every level of general
stats1c4, 2c4, 3c4... are the bonus, the bonus of general is experience for all others stats, and all 1c4, 2c4, 3c4... are level * res
Isn't divided because on the gui are showing percent, and on the code (for bonus) is a variant (i don't know if are right in english, but variant = percent / 100)

You are right, because for 100% of bonus you needs:
lvl 100 mining
lvl 50 farming
lvl 250 crafting (i think this is a bonus overpowered)
lvl 32 exploring
And the others stats aren't a bonus on percent, but
every level of defense gives 1 more of regen / 3sec
every level of range gives 0.5 more of dmg

But i'm thinking now, resGeneral is very low, maybe can increase to 1, is 1% of exp for all others stats every level, if haves lvl 30 of general gives 300% of exp for all others stats.

NOTE: General is the level of character.

I do not have much time for the mod, sometimes i write very sleepy and if this works, i don't change it again :P

And thanks for feedback :3

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Isn't divided because on the gui are showing percent, and on the code (for bonus) is a variant (i don't know if are right in english, but variant = percent / 100)
Pretty sure the word you're going for is decimal. ;)
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

n9103 wrote:
Pretty sure the word you're going for is decimal. ;)
Just probability
L0771 wrote:But i'm thinking now, resGeneral is very low, maybe can increase to 1, is 1% of exp for all others stats every level, if haves lvl 30 of general gives 300% of exp for all others stats.
My teacher can kill me now.
1 x 30 = 300 :lol:

i mean 10% every level

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

L0771 wrote:I do not have much time for the mod, sometimes i write very sleepy and if this works, i don't change it again :P
Oh, I make mistakes all the time, even while wide awake. :)
L0771 wrote:And thanks for feedback :3
Cool, glad to help. :mrgreen:

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

L0771 wrote: Just probability
Pretty sure you meant the modern definition, not the classical one, but yea, that's more accurate for the use.
(All outcomes are equally probable, 1/"# of outcomes", with the classical definition.)
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

I'm late, but I think the generator is finished
gen
Thanks to YuokiTani for these awesome graphics!!!

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.20+] Cursed Exp - v0.3.0

Post by L0771 »

Update to version 0.3!!!!!!!! (I got bored of 0.2)

(Click)
- The human body generates more bioelectricity than a 120 V battery and over 25,000 BTU's of heat. Combined with a form of fusion, the bitters had found all the energy they'd ever need -

First, the news entities (Thanks to YuokiTani)
Incubator:
Just a pretty assembler to produce bodies, very necessary.

Generator:
Store bodies to produce energy, every generator can store 64 bodies, and if have the last update, can add a generator for a big upgrade!

Changelog:
And now, if you have a started map with a production of talents, please, read this before update:
spoiler
EDIT:
I forget, now have 2 mods, Cursed Classes is other mod, if you have problems with this, just don't install this, is only a bonus of exp for now.
  • Please, tell me all bugs :)
i.e

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.20+] Cursed Exp - v0.3.0

Post by flexoleonhart »

AWESOME!
but bug :(
when i deconstruct mine and build it in another place - it just dissapier...
a lot of screens
i dont know how to show "dissapiering" it T_T
update for mines
updated:
bug: Wall. When i build a wall to TOP +1 then -1 (deconstruct same segment) i got 1 exp to this Wall. Or not bug? Updated: problem was solved when i rebuild wall in other place

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.20+] Cursed Exp - v0.3.1

Post by L0771 »

flexoleonhart wrote:AWESOME!
a lot of screens
update for mines
All this is the same error, before this i had a "- 1", now when you build a mine, this detects if this mine is in rebuild.
My bad that "- 1" , solved for 0.3.1
flexoleonhart wrote:updated:
bug: Wall. When i build a wall to TOP +1 then -1 (deconstruct same segment) i got 1 exp to this Wall. Or not bug? Updated: problem was solved when i rebuild wall in other place
I don't see exp for this :)

Solved in less than 5 min *-* I like version 0.3 :lol:
v0.3.1

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

L0771 wrote:
flexoleonhart wrote:AWESOME!
a lot of screens
update for mines
All this is the same error, before this i had a "- 1", now when you build a mine, this detects if this mine is in rebuild.
My bad that "- 1" , solved for 0.3.1
flexoleonhart wrote:updated:
I don't see exp for this :)

Solved in less than 5 min *-* I like version 0.3 :lol:
v0.3.1

._. again! For real xD just when i was done uploading the pack again you upload a new version... wellp guess im back to uploading grr... :D
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

darkshadow1809 wrote:._. again! For real xD just when i was done uploading the pack again you upload a new version... wellp guess im back to uploading grr... :D
Isn't only for cursed exp :roll:
darkshadow1809 wrote:- Added Evolution & made several changes to the mod to bugfix.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Dude. This cursed tree pollution thing has GOT GO GO. it just places it on the map and sends 20 biters at me since the tree's pollute so much. This is NOT cool :/ 5 min within the game at 1000 pollution and hordes of 20 biters comming at me cause of those cursed tree's lol.

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flexoleonhart »

Mines...
lot screens
of course 3.1 version

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by UberWaffe »

Getting an error on the gui after upgrading to 3.1 (I skipped 3.0).
http://postimg.org/image/wpgt5161l/
The rest of it all works, mining skill still gives extra ore and levels up. Items still craftable, etc. Just the gui crashes when I click to open it.

BrkDmrkn

Post by BrkDmrkn »

darkshadow1809 wrote:Dude. This cursed tree pollution thing has GOT GO GO. it just places it on the map and sends 20 biters at me since the tree's pollute so much. This is NOT cool :/ 5 min within the game at 1000 pollution and hordes of 20 biters comming at me cause of those cursed tree's lol.
And it causes me to lose a LOT of fps. Man... that tree polliution thing has to go.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.20+] Cursed Exp - v0.3.2

Post by L0771 »

flexoleonhart wrote:Mines...
lot screens
of course 3.1 version
With 0.3.2:
If you haven't mines, go to Options > Delete mines > Sure > Very sure > Accept
EDIT:
or go to options and use "I want mines!"
If you have mines, please, send me your map, i can't reproduce this error.
UberWaffe wrote:Getting an error on the gui after upgrading to 3.1 (I skipped 3.0).
http://postimg.org/image/wpgt5161l/
The rest of it all works, mining skill still gives extra ore and levels up. Items still craftable, etc. Just the gui crashes when I click to open it.
This is opening the gui, 50% of the mod you need use gui options :p
I'll add a condition, but if you have problem with v0.3.2, open the console and write
/c remote.call("cursed","resetgui")
BrkDmrkn wrote:And it causes me to lose a LOT of fps. Man... that tree polliution thing has to go.
Trees don't causes low fps, AI of bitters causes low fps :)
darkshadow1809 wrote:Dude. This cursed tree pollution thing has GOT GO GO. it just places it on the map and sends 20 biters at me since the tree's pollute so much. This is NOT cool :/ 5 min within the game at 1000 pollution and hordes of 20 biters comming at me cause of those cursed tree's lol.
Ok, i'll only down pollution.
v0.3.2

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

gj pollution is back to normal now. Thanks!

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Two steps forward, one step back.
Talent farming shouldn't be something you start before you even have defenses up. Else what's the point of cursed blood in the first place?

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

n9103 wrote:Talent farming shouldn't be something you start before you even have defenses up. Else what's the point of cursed blood in the first place?
i recommends stack donations from the beginning, make 4 donations / day
My mod don't modify game's core, you can farm when you want, with 0.3.3, i'll add a farm in all stats, because now is like independient stats from talents, in the next version if you have 40% of chance to get a bonus item mining, have a 5% (example) of get a talent T1 too (maybe a random talent part), you can farm talents how you want.
Cursed blood is all, now if you have infinite blood, have infinite talents, generally the blood is the limiter of talents.
I want if you have cursed installed, can plays without my limits, i don't change recipes or items, just for this, i've added "talents" concept, just upgrade a talent when you want, i can use technologies, but you need a time between 2 technologies, with talents i don't modify the game...
And all the mod is a big ball of... ideas in the road, but i like this result, if you give time to yours things, you or yours buildings can be great.

Return to “Mods”